We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you are there now......

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Sayulita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 69
If you are there now......

Is it sweater/wrap chilly in the evening? I remember needing something light last year at Christmas but just wondering what it's like in the evening these days.

Thanks

Peachland, Canada
reviews: 11
1. Re: If you are there now......

I haven't used a sweater or wrap at night. We were out last night until 11:30 or so and walked home 10 minutes with no problem. This morning around 8am I was outside to read and it was a little chilly so came back inside. If you are a morning person, you would probably want something to cover up with.

Banff, Canada
reviews: 8
2. Re: If you are there now......

It is warmer than it was last year at this time, I remember needing to dress warmer at night last year as it was quite cold which was unusual, and so far this has not been an issue, I'm still in shorts. You still may need something at night to take the chill off, depends on your tolerance for cold. Enjoy!

Guadalajara, Mexico
3. Re: If you are there now......

I just read ur msg and assume that u r goin to stay in sayulita over christmas... R u there already? Im a backpacker travellin alone in guadalajara at the moment and thought about goin to sayulita for my last days in mexiko.

Do u think there ll be some ppl there over christmas time? I dont need a big party or somethin bt i also dont wanna be the only person in sayulita. I ve never been there before and i ve just heard that it is very small. Im lookin just for a nice backpacker place or similar to hang out with some nice ppl. Do u think its even possible to rent a surf board on the 24 or 25th?

If u r (or somebody else who reads this) already in sayulita or just ve some info, pls write me back, thx a lot!!

Cheers,

Paul

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 69
4. Re: If you are there now......

There will be oodiles of people in Sayulita over Christmas. There are many surf board rentals all along the beach and they are waiting to rent so I'm sure there will something for you. I've heard that the lessons are great and there are waves for any level. It's very "surfy". Sayulita is not too quiet a place over Christmas break at all. We've spent the last 4 Christmases there and it's getting a little too busy for us. Rest assured, you will not be alone there at Christmas! There are excellent restaurants, street food and it's a pretty positive place to be. There are a lot of Canadian and Americans there during holiday time. I don't know if the hostels fill up at Chirstmas. Here are a few:

www.hostels.com/sayulita/mexico…

Edited: 2:00 pm, December 21, 2012
Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
reviews: 2
5. Re: If you are there now......

I promise you Paul, you will not be alone in Sayulita over Christmas, the town is full of life, activity and tourists. You can rent a board no problem but you might have difficulty finding a place to stay. Definitely head over if you can find a place, there are several hostals and economical choices that you can contact by email first.

6. Re: If you are there now......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita