We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to see?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Sayulita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 57
what to see?

we have been to bucerias before and was thinking this time checking out this cool town that i keep hearing about. what is a must see or do while in town for the day? We will be there all afternoon and are not surfing or goign in the water while there.... what are the markets like? good restaurants? etc

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
reviews: 26
1. Re: what to see?

Hi lin7604. This topic has been discussed a couple of times before on the forum, so have a look back and see what others have said. I can say: There are no markets in Sayulita, except for the Organic Farmers' Market which is held Fridays and the very simple, local market on Sunday mornings where you can buy everything from blender parts to used clothing to the weirdest selection of (new) bras. There are some truly wonderful restaurants in town -- Don Pedro's for something relaxed yet "fancy" on the beach, Capitan Pablo's and Capitan Cook for something even more relaxed on the beach. Stop by El Costeno on the beach for the world's largest and strongest margarita. Lots of restaurants big and small throughout the village also. A couple of funky beach bars north of the river. Some great shopping, but I won't list them as I have no idea what you might be looking for. It's a great little place just to wander around and see what catches your eye. Much more compact than Bucerias is. You'll have a wonderful time, I'm sure of that.

Winnipeg, Canada
2. Re: what to see?

so which market do you thin is better? fri or sunday? sounds nice. do you think a afternoon would be enough time to see some sights and have a bite to eat? we were thinking of leaving later morning and back to our resort around supper time?

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
reviews: 26
3. Re: what to see?

The Friday market is all food products, both fresh that you can use for cooking or prepared (soups, quiches, etc.) The Sunday market is very small and very local. I wouldn't think either one would be considered a 'tourist' market in any way, though they are both interesting in their own way. We always go to both, as we buy both food and used clothing every week. It sounds like you want to come to Sayulita to get a feel for it, to "try it out for size", and I think an afternoon would work well. While it won't give you enough time to explore the whole town and all the wonderful things it has to offer, it will definitely give you a good feel for the place. And I can almost guarantee that you will want to come again, for a longer period.

Winnipeg, Canada
4. Re: what to see?

awesome thanks. maybe we will make a whole day out of it i am not sure as we are coming down for new years and i am not sure if anything is even open on Jan 1st... so that may take a whole day away from us sight seeing. We want a whole day in bucieras and at the malecon plus maybe a tour yet....so time will get limited especially if things are closed on Jan 1st.

5. Re: what to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, November 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sayulita