We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branson visit

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salina, Kansas
Branson visit

We are arriving in Branson Dec. 1 and staying possibly 1 week. We are wondering which shows would be best for Christmas type shows or any other recommendations. Also, where are some good places to eat? Any other recommendations will be appreciated.

Branson, MO
reviews: 1
1. Re: Branson visit

Branson is very special at Christmas so you'll be here at a great time. All the shows (except for the Chinese Acrobats & Kung Fu) feature traditional Christmas themes & music so you can't go wrong. Some of the most popular are Presley's, Haygoods, Duttons, SIX, Jim Stafford, Hughes Bros, Rankin Bros, Grand Country, Legends in Concert, Di xie Stampede + lots of others. Go to the Chamber of Commerce web site at www.explorebranson.com for more information. Restaurants are also listed. Breakfast: Clockers in downtown Branson or BillyGails out on Hwy 265. Lunch: Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks, Dinner: Cantina Laredo at Branson Landing.

You should also come to the Adoration Parade in downtown Branson on Dec. 2nd starting at 5:00PM. It's our traditional parade celebrating 65 years, plus the lighting of the Adoration Scene up on Mt. Branson - spectacular display. It's a wonderful local celebration of the Christmas season.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 35
2. Re: Branson visit

A fun place to eat at is Mel's hard Luck Diner, on the strip next to grand country village. It has great food and all the waiters sing to you, they take turns walking around with a mike, when they are not serving. It's great!

Springfield, IL
reviews: 34
3. Re: Branson visit

Danna's BBQ is a great place to eat. We go every time we're in Branson.

Queens NY
reviews: 5
4. Re: Branson visit

We were there recently and I will agree that BillyGails out on Hwy 265 was great. Pancakes are huge!!! Dannas BBQ was very good too - a bit off the beaten track, but both places are worth the trip.

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 2
5. Re: Branson visit

We went in Oct and the leaves were beautiful, every fall color could be seen on the hills above the lake. Lots of things to do in Branson besides fight traffic jams on Hwy 76. Lots of shows to see! We saw one every night, most are 3 star, but "Jacob" is a must see 5 star ! I would fly back to Branson, just to see it again. The Titanic is also great and the live dogs there steal the show!

If you like country music Dixie Stampede is 3.5 star, but avoid if you've seen one before or been to a Medieval Times. -same show, just different costumes. We loved the Chinese Acrobats and the Kirby Van Burch show and thought they were 4 star, anything else we saw on Hwy 76 was not worth the high ticket price.

Leave early one morning and drive to Eureeka Springs for lunch, then go to see the rescued Tigers at Turpentine Creek ($15 for adults and $10 for kids) It is a really fun day trip!

My only complaint about Branson are the "time share sharks" who pray upon the tourists for reduced ticket prices to the shows. It's a huge waste of 120 min of your vacation!!! BEWARE: when you walk up to a ticket counter to just "buy tickets" to a show, they start the sales pitch (even at the Wal-Mart). I recommend buying tickets online and avoiding the scamming sharks.

Branson is such a Christian town with such nice residents, I am really shocked that the city council allows the greedy time share carpetbaggers to pray upon tourists like they do. Someone needs to vote for a new Mayor! Just say'in.... this is a HUGE reason, why I may NEVER fly back to Branson for vacation.

If I go back to Branson, I will stay at the fabulous 5 master bedroom lake house we rented from VBRO (Property #225574) again where all rooms had a great view. We would sit on the decks, enjoy relaxing and avoid the traffic on Hwy 76 and the average shows.

Wichita, Kansas...
reviews: 24
6. Re: Branson visit

I don't see Silver Dollar City! I would go there at Christmas time just for the lights and show there.

Salina, Kansas
7. Re: Branson visit

Thanks for all the great advice. Any other suggestions will also be appreciated.

Edited: 11:20 pm, October 30, 2012
8. Re: Branson visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Branson