We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Branson, no car--possible?

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC Area
reviews: 81
Branson, no car--possible?

Hi,

I would like to visit Branson during the Spring or Summer for a four day weekend.

I prefer to explore major cities without a car. Is this possible for Branson? How is the public transportation system? Any way to see all major sites and districts without a car? Any places I shouldn't walk around to see (or not see)?

Thanks!

missouri
reviews: 7
1. Re: Branson, no car--possible?

First of all, I wouldn't call Branson a major city! It's a SMALL town! AS far as I know, no public transportaion, but you might be able to get a cab! Some of the hotels have transportation to the major attractions. I go to Branson 3 - 5 times a year and have never seen public transportation. If you stay in a motel on the strip, you can walk to lots of places, but I believe the strip is 7 miles long so take a good pair of walking shoes. You hear a lot about how bad traffic is in Branson, but if you get a map and travel the different 'routes' you can get where you want and avoid most of the traffic. The real traffic jams occur on the road to Silver Dollar City, but if you go early and eat breakfast in the park (which is a really good buffet) you can avoid the traffic. By going early, you can get to Silver Dollar City from the strip in Branson in 15 - 20 minutes. But if you wait and go sometime after mid morning, you might spend an hour or longer getting there. As far as safety, I don't think you need to be concerned in Branson! I would really suggest you have a car at your disposal in Branson! Have a great trip!

Fayetteville, AR
reviews: 1
2. Re: Branson, no car--possible?

There are no unsafe places in Branson, but you will definately need a car.