We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

branson experts?

Which Branson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
branson experts?

We are two adults who will be in the Branson area at the end of September, primarily for Silver Dollar City. I know there are tons of hotels and resorts in the area, but choosing one based on a web site advertisement is risky. It's not like most of them have corporate reputations to rely on. So...

We are looking for a nice hotel or resort, preferably on Indian Point or away from the congestion in Branson. We'd like to keep the cost to around $100 per night (3 nights). A kitchen isn't important, but might be nice. We're trying to avoid RV parks and "double-wide cabins", with all due respect. We'd like to be within 5 or so miles of SDC and would prefer trees to traffic for scenery. I'm thinking Stillwaters, Indian Point Lodge, or if we have to, one of the larger hotels in town (Radisson, Marriott). Big Cedar is booked and a little beyond our price range. Are there any other places on Indian Point that fit that description but I'm just not finding? Or am I looking for something that just doesn't exist?

Springfield, MO
reviews: 3
1. Re: branson experts?

Stonebridge is really close to SDC, but the opposite direction from Indian Point (toward Branson West). I have heard good things about it. It is more like a country club resort - golf, swimming, etc.

Fayetteville, AR
reviews: 1
2. Re: branson experts?

Have you already tried the SDC Wilderness Cabins. They have cabing W/kitchenettes for $110 during Peak season. Go to www.thewildernesslogcabins.com/log-cabins/. You may want to check out Bayside at Still Waters, Condos at Holiday Hills, Condos at Thousand Hills, or Fall Creek Resorts. They are all away from the traffic and offer one bedroom condos in that price range.

St. Louis, MO
3. Re: branson experts?

Thank you both for your help! I knew someone could help narrow this search. Stonebridge is looking very promising but the Condos at Thousand Hills look good, too. Looks like I need to make a few phone calls to get more details. I'll post back here once we get back to let everyone one about our experience.

Bolingbrook,IL
4. Re: branson experts?

Go to Lanternbay.net. We are staying there next week. Nice condos and it is right next to SDC.

bement, Il
5. Re: branson experts?

My in-laws just came back and had a horrible time at the Howard Johnson in Branson. Please Do not stay there. He was injured in a fall outside and the management were not friendly or helpful. frogtoes@monticello.net

Springfield...
6. Re: branson experts?

The nicest resort in the area is Still Waters Resort which is directly on Indian Point and just down the road from SDC. They have studios with kitchens that would be perfect for 2 adults.