We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't rent from www.rentalresources-ms.com!!!

Which Ocean Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Don't rent from www.rentalresources-ms.com!!!

My extended family of 7 rented a Gulf front home in Ocean Springs, MS for the week of June 26-July 3, 2011. Our group consisted of my husband and me, my sister-in-law and 4 children (3 college-aged and 1 high school age). We rented through an online company called www.rentalresources-ms.com. The address of the home we rented is 5205 E. Belle Fontaine Road, Ocean Springs, MS 39564. The website calls the home "Paradise on the Gulf" and shows pictures of the home inside and outside. When we initially rented it, it was listed as having 4 bedrooms. After we paid our deposit but prior to our arrival, the website began listing the house as having 3 bedrooms plus a small room off the family room with 2 twin sized chair sleepers. We decided that this would be ok since that could serve as a bedroom for two of our children.

When we arrived on June 26, we discovered that this "small room off the family room" was not acccurate at all. The small room was actually a sitting area inside the master bedroom and was hardly appropriate for a married couple to share with their grown children.

The beach front area they advertised turned out to be a very small spot of sand below a 3 foot tall seawall with no way to even reach the ocean without climbing down onto rock rubble. The water was murky and filled with construction debris such as rusted metal, old brick and cinderblocks, carpet remnants and other assorted trash. The remainder of a storm damaged pier was also in the water. There were houses on either side of this one, but there was no continuous stretch of beach linking any of the properties. Hardly what anyone would describe as "paradise on the beach"!

The pictures of this rental were taken from the back porch of the house and showed a very nice swimming pool and the ocean in the distance, but did not show the "beach" or the storm-damaged pier.

The house and pool were recent construction and very nice. We objected to the description of the 4th bedroom and the deceptive photo showing the ocean, but not the trash-strewn ocean/beach and the storm-damaged pier.

We arrived on a Sunday evening and called the rental agency immediately requesting a callback which never came. The next morning we found an available condo rental in Gulf Shores, Alabama which was a 2 hour drive away. On Monday morning we called the agency again and spoke to an employee. We told her that we were very dissatisfied and that the description of their property was very deceptive. We cancelled the rest of our planned stay and told them we would be willing to pay for one night plus the cleaning fee which we felt was more than fair. The employee told us that she had just processed our credit card payment in full, but she promised to let the owner know that we wanted a refund for the balance of our stay.

It's now been 2 1/2 weeks with no word from the rental agency. They do not return calls and their voicemailbox is full and cannot accept any more messages. My sister-in-law has contacted her credit card company and is filing for a conditional refund at this point.

I would warn everyone not to conduct business with www.rentalresources-ms.com!!!!

11 replies to this topic
Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 187
11. Re: Don't rent from www.rentalresources-ms.com!!!

OK, I know that this is an older thread, and cannot address the poor treatment and dubious advertising that might have been employed, BUT I wanted to add that any water-front property in the lovely little town of Ocean Springs will not be "ocean-front," as the areas of the Mississippi Sound will be mostly fed by the rivers and streams that feed into Back Bay, Biloxi. The "ocean," or Gulf, is not really beginning, until one gets to Horn Island, offshore. The water will be silt-laden, so not quite what many might expect. Water-front properties CAN be lovely, but probably not in the way that many would expect.

Also, there was horrible destruction all along the MS Gulf Coast, with Hurricane Katrina. Much has been rebuilt, but one will likely encounter evidence of that destruction, still around, since 2005. Much of what was encountered by the OP, along the water's edge, was likely what was left of a nice pier, or other structure.

I know nothing of any of the property rental agencies, or the photographs that any might be showing, but wanted to add a bit of detail, that might be useful to those, heading to Ocean Springs. Now, and with that said, the town of Ocean Springs is wonderful, quiet, and worth spending time in, so long as one does not expect the open ocean out of the back door. Personally, looking out over the water of the Mississippi Sound, with the Spanish moss in the trees, and sipping on a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, would be a great vacation.

Hunt

Reply to: Don't rent from www.rentalresources-ms.com!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted