We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hattiesburg Hotel for 1 night on way to Florida?

Which Hattiesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock, AR
reviews: 76
Hattiesburg Hotel for 1 night on way to Florida?

We drive through Hattiesburg on our way to the Perdido Key, FL area. I am interested in a nice but inexpensive hotel to stay in for one night on our way down. We'll be taking Highway 98 to Mobile.

I know there's the loop around Hattiesburg but am not sure which hotels are in that area--we usually just stop to eat a quick lunch and keep going. I'm unfamiliar with the names of the roads around that area so I'd appreciate any hotel suggestions off the loop you can give. Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Mississippi
reviews: 9
1. Re: Hattiesburg Hotel for 1 night on way to Florida?

The loop is I 59. Get off at Exit 65 which is Highway 98 or Hardy Street. There's a nice Hampton Inn on the right. There's a Fairfield and Courtyard also. There are about 6/7 hotels at the interchange. Go out W past Turtle Creek Mall for great BBQ at Leatha's which is behind a RV sales joint on the south side of # 98.

Courtyard by Marriott @ 119 Grand Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 601 - 268 - 3050.

marriott.com/hotels/…

Fairfield Inn @ 173 Thornhill Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 601 - 296 - 7777.

marriott.com/hotels/…

Hampton Inn @ 4301 Hardy Street, Hattiesburg, MS 601 - 264 - 8080.

http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=0X0MTYMO0EJGGCSGBIUMVCQ?ctyhocn=HBGMSHX

Leatha's BBQ Inn @ 6374 Hwy. 98, Hattiesburg, MS. 601 - 271 - 6003.

Edited: 11:36 am, March 17, 2012
Mississippi
2. Re: Hattiesburg Hotel for 1 night on way to Florida?

There's also a nice Hilton Garden Inn on the right.

Hilton Garden Inn @ 133 Plaza Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 601 - 261 - 3770.

…hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml…

Crescent City Grill @ 3810 Hardy St., Hattiesburg, MS. 601 - 264 - 0657.

http://www.nsrg.com/crescent-city-grill/

Purple Parrott Cafe @ 3904 Hardy St., Hattiesburg, MS. 601 - 264 - 0672.

http://nsrg.com/

If you don't want BBQ Crescent City and Purple Carrott are great. They are both a short drive from your hotel.

If you stop for lunch in Vicksburg go to Rusty's Riverfront Grill. Enjoy your trip.

Little Rock, AR
3. Re: Hattiesburg Hotel for 1 night on way to Florida?

Axle, Thank you SO much!! I appreciate the hotel tips and food ideas! The BBQ sounds great--that might have to be our evening meal when we get to town. We usually stop at the Chick-fe-le for lunch to let our son play and then hit the road again. I'm hoping we can change that this year. Thank you again!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 276
4. Re: Hattiesburg Hotel for 1 night on way to Florida?

Also a nice Marriott Residence Inn that usually had good rates on the weekend. The last time we were in the area we paid about $100 per night.

Yes Crescent City Grill and Leatha's BBQ are both very good.

Little Rock, AR
5. Re: Hattiesburg Hotel for 1 night on way to Florida?

PeachBelle--thanks--that hotel sounds like what I'm looking for. I'm going to check that one out. Thank you!

Mississippi
6. Re: Hattiesburg Hotel for 1 night on way to Florida?

Marriott is perfect. Crescent City Grill is just down the street. Be careful. You are near a lot of Mustard Buzzards, AKA University of Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles.

Reply to: Hattiesburg Hotel for 1 night on way to Florida?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted