We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secure overnight in Hattiesburg?

Which Hattiesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brookline, MA
reviews: 2
Secure overnight in Hattiesburg?

We will be moving from Boston to Houston in June and will be driving . We will be carrying our personal possessions in the car (no trailer) and are planning our last overnight in Hattiesburg. We would like to find a secure place to spend the night, preferably a low crime area or a secure hotel garage for the car.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for us?

Thanks very much!

Mississippi
reviews: 7
1. Re: Secure overnight in Hattiesburg?

Hattiesburg is really a low crime area in general and there are numerous hotels and motels in safe areas. Though, I would recommend the Baymont Inn or Hampton Inn off of I-59 on Hwy 98.

Brookline, MA
reviews: 2
2. Re: Secure overnight in Hattiesburg?

That's just what I wanted to hear - thanks for the suggestions!

Hattiesburg...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Secure overnight in Hattiesburg?

My husband was recently stationed at Camp Shelby and we both went to school in H'burg. We have recently stayed in the Comfort Suites and Baymont, but their prices have gone way up. Last trip we stayed at the new Quality Inn, it was really nice and a much better price. Its on the other side of town from the baymont, but still in a low crime area. But most of hattiesburg is low crime.

wiggins, ms
reviews: 5
4. Re: Secure overnight in Hattiesburg?

I know the OP has long since stayed in Hattiesburg, but I just wanted to backup what has already been said. Hattiesburg in general, has very low crime. I've never felt scared or worried about me or my families safe being there.

5. Re: Secure overnight in Hattiesburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 19, 2009