We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I know nothing about Biloxi resorts, please help

Which Biloxi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 3
I know nothing about Biloxi resorts, please help

My family typically stays in the 30-A area near Destin. We will be in the Biloxi area the second week in July.

I really need some advice on where to stay and avoid. I will probably be using VRBO. I would just like to find the quieter areas, if they exist.

I'd rather not stay in a hotel, but prefer either a condo or free standing. Usually in the 30-A area we rent a house near or on the beach.

Please suggest, thanks.

Biloxi, Mississippi
Destination Expert
for Biloxi
reviews: 13
1. Re: I know nothing about Biloxi resorts, please help

HI Jonah,

Just about all of the condos are pretty peaceful. Since you are looking at vrbo, which is a great start, I suggest reading the reviews for the individual condos that appeal to you, which will give you more insight. The only time it gets kinda crazy around here is during "Cruisin the Coast" in Oct. and "Scrapin the Coast" which just passed.

Claudia

Anguilla...
reviews: 3
2. Re: I know nothing about Biloxi resorts, please help

Please be aware that Biloxi beach is a lot different from the beaches at Destin. There are very few places along the MS gulfcoast that actually have condos on the beach. Most are on the north side of Hwy 90 and almost all of the hotels are as well.

The traffic is rarely half has bad, however. It's not as crowded. It's much more laid back.

The beach itself is a bit different. Due to the Barrier Island on our coast there aren't many shells on the beach. The water isn't very deep - you can walk out hundreds of yards in places and the water will not get much over an adults waist. The water isn't remotely as clear.

That being said, we enjoy going there not that we are really beach people. Some people who are first time visitors are a bit shocked.

reviews: 141
3. Re: I know nothing about Biloxi resorts, please help

The only condo I have read about that is actually on the Beach in Biloxi is called Sea Breeze; they do have listings on vrbo; the other condos are all across the street, which isn't that big a deal ; you just have to cross the street which might not be desirable if you have little kids with you; I hear that the Legacy condos crossing has a stop light which might make it easier.

Yes it is probably true that Biloxi / Mississippi beaches in general are different from Florida beaches; each place is special in its own way. Try to seek out local experiences / dining / adventures that make each place you visit unique, and usually you will not be disappointed, I have found.

4. Re: I know nothing about Biloxi resorts, please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 17, 2014