We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/B&B near downtown

Which Stillwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Duluth, Minnesota
reviews: 1
Hotel/B&B near downtown

We're coming into town 8/2 for an anniversary overnighter and would like to stay somewhere nice & within easy walking distance of the downtown area. I currently have reservstions at the Lowell but the reviews on here scare me a bit. Rivertown Inn looks gorgeous but is it too far out of town? Also looking for dinner (the wine bar?) suggestions & places (classy but fun) to go afterwards for a few cocktails. Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
1. Re: Hotel/B&B near downtown

A friend of mine always recommends the Sauntry Mansion, which is walkable to the downtown district. I think only 3-4 blocks off Main. Reviews look great. Never been personally so that's the only help I can give.

In a recent thread someone on here recommended Elephant Walk B and B

Duluth, Minnesota
reviews: 1
2. Re: Hotel/B&B near downtown

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Stillwater, MN
reviews: 9
3. Re: Hotel/B&B near downtown

Hello, I may be too late, but thought to add my 2 cents. I live in Stillwater, so may be of helps. The Lowell Inn and Water Street Inn are both in Downtown (walk to all shops and food). Any other option involves daunting hills, so walking is probably out. That being said, if you have a car, it is very easy to park in the downtown and is almost always free. The Sauntry, Rivertown Inn, The Anne Bean, and the Elephant walk are all lovely places to stay and within 2 minutes drive of downtown Stillwater. Personally, The Rivertown Inn is my favorite, with excellent food and probably the easiest walk to downtown, though serious hills are involved. If you come, you will see how much parking is available and be glad you did not pick lodging based on it. Make sure to eat outside at the Dock Cafe (only patio actually on the river) and stop in at Tin Bins (the big grain elevator) for amazing coffee and desserts. The trolly is affordable and is a great tour of Stillwater and gives awesome insight into the history of the town and state. You can catch it near Tin Bins (Grain elevator). Mark's and the Green room are also excellent options for lovely evening meals. There are cave tours and the Warden's house museums downtown, and the Historic Courthouse up on the Hill. For a lovely drive, head north on Main Street, and drive 12 miles North to the town of Marine. Make sure to stop at the boo site scenic rest stop on the way (2 miles north of Stillwater) for lovely views. Welcome to Stillwater and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
4. Re: Hotel/B&B near downtown

Thanks Erin. This is good info to have for those of us who like to help visitors re: Stillwater but who don't know as much as the experts who live in town there.

Reply to: Hotel/B&B near downtown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stillwater
More Stillwater Topics