We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic getaway - is Stillwater, MN a good choice?

Which Stillwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northfield...
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Romantic getaway - is Stillwater, MN a good choice?

We are wanting to get away for an anniversary weekend somewhere in Minnesota. A friend mentioned Stillwater, but we don't know what's there, or how affordable it might be. Any suggestions?

2 replies to this topic
South Dakota
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Romantic getaway - is Stillwater, MN a good choice?

Yes, that is a good choice for a getaway. I've only visited during the daytime, so can't recommend lodging. Lots of antique shops, historic homes, river cruises on the St. Croix, etc. Lanesboro, MN is very similar to Stillwater and would be another good choice. Lanesboro has a professional theater company, a paved bike trail, lots of bed and breakfasts, canoeing on the Root River and little shops. The scenery is also very nice. In Lanesboro, we stayed at the Hillcrest Hide-a-way B and B and I would highly recommend it. It continues to get great reviews on TA. I think you would be happy with either town.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
921 posts
409 reviews
2. Re: Romantic getaway - is Stillwater, MN a good choice?

Stillwater is an excellent choice! Unless you are into biking I would choose Stillwater over Lanesboro. It is a bigger town, more to do and close to the Cities. The Root River Trail in Lanesboro is a great bike trail.

I would recommend The Elephant Walk or Ann Bean in Stillwater for B & B's. There are several good restaurants. We have also stayed across the river in Hudson but preferred Stillwater.

Reply to: Romantic getaway - is Stillwater, MN a good choice?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stillwater
More Stillwater Topics