We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stillwater at Christmas

Which Stillwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Morton, IL
Stillwater at Christmas

We are thinking about checking out Stillwater with our young grandson the weekend of December 12. Can anyone tell me if there are any special Christmas related things going on that weekend that he might enjoy? We have never been there so clue me in on anything that is a must do with a young child.

Plymouth, Minnesota
reviews: 63
1. Re: Stillwater at Christmas

I'm not a Stillwater expert. Stillwater is certainly more of a summer and fall destination.

But it would probably help others if you could clarify what you mean by a "young grandson". That could be from 18 months to 18 years.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Stillwater at Christmas

I would head to Downtown Minneapolis. Macy's always has a display on their 8th floor. There is also the Hollidazzle Parade that takes place every weekend on Nicollet. I would recommend making a night of it.

Google both for more info.

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
reviews: 149
3. Re: Stillwater at Christmas

Stillwater is a quaint, old-fashioned "village" atmosphere and a great visit for the hoildays. I'd consider it more romantic than appealing to children. Have you tried Googling information? You're more likely to get an events calendar that way.

I'd also recommend Minneapolis instead for a child. There's the Macy's Holiday Show, the Holidazzle Parade, plenty of holiday productions at theaters throughout the city. My little sister loves going to the Linden Hills area at 44th & Upton - Wild Rumpus Bookstore, 2 toy stores, free popcorn at the hardware store and free samples at Great Harvest Bread. And what kid wouldn't like Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America? As commercial as it is, take light rail down and make a day of it... kid's LOVE light rail, esp the tunnel & if it's snowing.

Saint Paul...
reviews: 43
4. Re: Stillwater at Christmas

Stillwater was a lot better at Christmas with the dinner train but it is gone now. The Lowell Inn has an old fashioned "Victorian" sort of feel. Many of the Victorian houses and B&Bs do a nice Christmas decorating job.

Also really nearby the Gasthaus Bavrian Hunter restaurant (German of course) has a very nice Weihnachten feel with decorations and menu features. Sunday the 12th they have a Santa Day buffet.

http://gasthausbavarianhunter.com/

We lived about a mile away when it burned in 1987 and remember the glow from the flames but they did an outstanding job of rebuilding exactly like the old place. The food is authentic and excellent.

5. Re: Stillwater at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 am, May 31, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Stillwater
More Stillwater Topics