We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab it back after a concert??

Which Saint Paul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, Minnesota
reviews: 38
Cab it back after a concert??

Hi All

We are going to the Lady Gaga concert in Feb. Hotel in St. Paul are crazy expensive so we were thinking about staying in MSP instead...we can save about $70 a hotel room that way. We were thinking about having the guys drop us off at the Xcel before the concert. Does anyone know if it would be easy to grab a cab after the concert and how much a cab ride back to downtown MSP would be?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
1. Re: Cab it back after a concert??

I think the fare would be 45-50 from Xcel to your hotel in Mpls. The trick will be to find a taxi. I would not trust my luck of hailing one outside the arena. I would put numbers of several carriers in your phone (Green and White, Airport, Red and White, etc) and call before the show to arrange pickup at a specified time.

Different carriers handle that differently. I have had some refuse to pick me up without an address. Some required even a residential address. But most will pick you up if you specify a gate of the arena. That is what I would do.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
2. Re: Cab it back after a concert??

Try this...it might not be exact, but it's close. And make sure you add tip.

www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php…

My best advice for finding a cab would be to walk over to a nearby hotel and have them hail one (tip the bellman a couple bucks).

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 15
3. Re: Cab it back after a concert??

Probably $30-40 bucks.

They will be hard to get right after show.

Consider Express Bus back, or hang at a close bar for 30 min and you'll get cab easier.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Cab it back after a concert??

I'd also recommend grabbing some cab numbers. And if you can't get those, or you forget/lose them, then head over to the Liffey or Holiday Inn Express across the street and ask them to call one for you.

5. Re: Cab it back after a concert??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 05, 2013