We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you haven't been there, you haven't been to St. Paul

Which Saint Paul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
If you haven't been there, you haven't been to St. Paul

I saw this article in the paper this morning. I remember a lot of great visits to Mancini's back in the day. Maybe this post can be used to start collecting some St. Paul offerings. Cheers!

twincities.com/ci_21844406/st-paul-these-are…

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
1. Re: If you haven't been there, you haven't been to St. Paul

Mancini's is a classic. I went as a child and took my wife for her first trip there a few months ago. Just an old-timey steak/lobster joint feel.

Great bar (in fact a year ago Star Tribune listed it in its top 5 lounge bars in the Twin Cities). All around good value too, compared to the two high-priced steak joints in Mpls. I always think I might see Ray Liotta and joe Pesci in there.

Love that there is nearly endless parking too, unlike other restaurants in St. Paul or Mpls.

And I love that their owner cares about his product. When my wife got a clearly overcooked steak (the only blemish the whole night), she didn't even need to feel high-maintenance and bring it up. The waitress noticed and whisked it away and came back in a few minutes with a perfectly cooked steak and the owner, who apologized personally and took the cost of her steak off the menu and gave her a complimentray glass of wine.

Love Mancini's. Wish it were closer to me.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
2. Re: If you haven't been there, you haven't been to St. Paul

As for the Nook, I like it. And I know its smallness is part of what people like about it, but it's just too hard to get in there and seated unless it's some completely nonpeak time.

i really like the Groveland Tap in place of the Nook.

Gopher Bar is great. Don't go if you hate profanity.

One thing I somewhat thought might be on this list was a boo-ya joint or classic Friday fish fry joint -- like Obb's on the east side.

And I really don't get how Red's can't be on there. I think it's that it is too widely known but that original location is like stepping back 30 years.

3. Re: If you haven't been there, you haven't been to St. Paul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 15, 2013