We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ways of Getting to St Cloud

Which Saint Cloud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shaftsbury, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 56
Ways of Getting to St Cloud

I used to fly into St Cloud, but now there aren't any flights. So how does one get from MSP to St Cloud is you don't have a car?

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 14
1. Re: Ways of Getting to St Cloud

Consider taxi - $$

or SuperShuttle - those blue vans - very convenient

www.supershuttle.com/en/Minneapolis.aspx…

or.. depending on your arrival time, and your gumption & thriftiness, take the light rail from the airport to downtown, and connect to the new rail line to Big Lake MN. Then you're very close to St. Cloud and could taxi or bus from there.

…state.mn.us/Schedules/WebSchedules.aspx…

…state.mn.us/Schedules/WebSchedules.aspx…

http://www.metrotransit.com/

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Traveling With Disabilities
reviews: 44
2. Re: Ways of Getting to St Cloud

Lakes Express has shuttle service between St. Cloud and the airport every couple hours. About $35. Stops at Best Western Americana.

http://lakesexpress.com/index.html

also Executive Express

executiveexpress.biz/City/42/St.%20Cloud.aspx

Edited: 2:12 pm, April 15, 2010
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 86
3. Re: Ways of Getting to St Cloud

Both options already listed are good ones, also don't forget Greyhound. I did that a few times when I was going to school there (though that was many moons ago). For the short distance of Minneapolis to St. Cloud, not a terrible option (not sure I'd do Greyhound long distances...can't sit that much without the option to move around) Quick look on www.greyhound.com seems to be $11-18 one way, depending on how far in advance you book and if you want a refundable ticket or not. Looks like express buses available too (so same time as driving, 1h 15m or so).

Saint Paul...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Ways of Getting to St Cloud

I have not been to the the Northstar Rail Big Lake station but given it's a quite a ways out of town and it's a small town I would be worried cabs are not available.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 86
5. Re: Ways of Getting to St Cloud

Yes, as I think some about the light rail/rail line option, I might have to respectfully disagree with DT on that being a realistic option. You might get more adventure than you care for, not because of safety but rather convenience. By the time you spend $7-9 on the trains and invest the time to take the various methods of transport, you do still have to find a taxi or bus at additional cost/time once you get to Big Lake. Big Lake is 30 miles to St. Cloud. You might spend more time/money than just doing something like Greyhound, though the Light Rail from the airport to downtown for the Greyhound station wouldn't be terribly inconvenient.

There is also Amtrak, by the way, but assumes you want to travel at 11:30 at night. There is also the issue of getting from MSP to the St. Paul station, which is possible by bus but not convenient.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 14
6. Re: Ways of Getting to St Cloud

yeah.. I threw that out there - maybe one day the line will go all the way to St. Cloud. There's probably some bus lines that meet rail to go the rest of the distance.

Someone before mentioned LakesExpress shuttle bus from airport - that's probably the best bet.

7. Re: Ways of Getting to St Cloud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 16, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Saint Cloud