We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grooms Dinner July 2013

Which Rochester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
reviews: 10
Grooms Dinner July 2013

We will be hosting a Friday evening grooms dinner in July for 30-40 guests and are looking for a restaurant/location suggestions. We would like something unique, yet not stuffy and ideally budget friendly. An outdoor patio location sounds good for that time of year, provided we would have some degree of privacy for the group. We are from out of town and not familiar with Rochester, so any suggestions/advice you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Minnesota
reviews: 328
1. Re: Grooms Dinner July 2013

We had two nieces with Groom Supper's in Rochester this summer. One had it at the Plummer House and the other at Victoria's. The Plummer House is an elegant mansion. The grounds are gorgeous and makes for a memorable, unique experience. Victoria's is an upscale Italian restaurant. The food is excellent. They have a private room.

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 69
2. Re: Grooms Dinner July 2013

Victoria's is excellent. I second that suggestion.

Minnesota
3. Re: Grooms Dinner July 2013

Thanks folks. We will check Victoria's out next weekend! I'll let everyone know how it goes if we book with them. ;)

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 69
4. Re: Grooms Dinner July 2013

For an indoor "patio" type situation, you could also check Chester's, inside the mall. I do not know if they can make it private and you would need to check the $$$ to see if it is within your budget. There is also Michael's in the same area, one floor up.

Minnesota
reviews: 328
5. Re: Grooms Dinner July 2013

I have eaten in the Chester's indoor patio area. It is very small and not private. It is in the mall area with people walking by continuously. Chester's has a semi-private area within the restaurant, but I don't think that it would quite hold 30 - 40 people. Michael's and Chester's would be on the high end of a budget. Michael's is on the ground level, one block from Victoria's Restaurant. Michael's has excellent food but is a bit stuffy.

Rochester MN
reviews: 30
6. Re: Grooms Dinner July 2013

Whistle Binkies on the lake. A private room for you inside a building with character. It's a pub w good food, great popcorn and excellent drinks. There is also a nice deck w a fire ring and sand volleyball court for some activity. Not on the main drag ( south of town ). But it's a great time :)

Minnesota
7. Re: Grooms Dinner July 2013

Follow-up - July 2013. The wedding was two weeks ago, and we are still overwhelmed with what a wonderful weekend we had. So special - wish we could do it all over again this weekend. We checked out several restaurants in the Rochester area over the last 6-9 months while doing wedding prep stuff. We finally settled on having the Groom's Dinner at 300 First, and had just under 50 people in their private dining room. The restaurant couldn't have been a better choice. EXTREMELY accommodating - allowing us to have a custom menu including a limited number of custom drinks. Food was fabulous. Costs were great, and we even came in under our "targeted' budget. Kudos to Terri and the staff for making our Groom's Dinner everything we had hoped for. See my separate restaurant review under 300 First. For any brides out there - Rochester is a great location for a destination wedding not too far from the Mpls/St Paul area.

8. Re: Grooms Dinner July 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, September 09, 2014