We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverview apartments

Which Rochester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington...
Riverview apartments

Can anyone tell me a little more about their stay at Riverview apts.?

Northern Minnesota
reviews: 15
1. Re: Riverview apartments

My husband and I stayed at the Riverview apartments just east of downtown Rochester for 2 nights during July 2012. They look nicer on the outside than the inside, but are in a very good location--very convenient to the local People's Food Coop and regular grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, less than 10 minutes' drive from St. Mary's Hospital and even less to Mayo Clinic--and the apartment was clean and adequate. Manager Lori, and the two women substitutes there when I checked in, were warm and helpful. Manager Sharif less so; there was some lack of clarity about the actual charge in advance for each night, but they did give me a promise in writing that they honored. I saw a mix of nationalities, and felt safe there. The 1-BR apartment had a decent queen bed, big bathroom and kitchen with plenty of room for a wheelchair or mobility-impaired folks. Carpet was old and worn; internet was robust (except for one night when it was out for about 12 hours, rapidly fixed in the morning) but not wi-fi. Great amount of counterspace in the kitchen area, full-sized fridge, oven/stove, washer and dryer with complimentary starter amounts of detergent. Appliances worked. Kitchen is adequately stocked with dishes, utensils, cooking pots, towels; the sink is wheelchair-friendly. Things looked clean,but kitchen floor was sticky despite my trying to clean it. And I travel with our own linens and always wash dishes before using. Our time there was very hot outside, and though not especially quiet, the AC did a great job of cooling things. I t think the apartment above ours was empty, but I heard nothing from anyone else while in our apartment except for the inevitable plumbing. And didn't hear that in the bedroom; not bad for a hotel/apartment. You will hear traffic noise, especially for morning rush hour, and the 8:30AM train whistles that you will also hear in the new Holiday Inn, at least on the east side rooms. Expect basic, inexpensive furnishings. In my 60's, I am accustomed to much better, but it was certainly adequate and filled the need for a short-term place with full cooking facilities. The long-term tenant I spoke with (white woman in her 50's) who was having a big new fridge delivered, said she lived there and liked it very much. I saw maintenance personnel a couple of times in our short stay, which speaks well for keeping up with 60 or so apartments.

The Villages...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Riverview apartments

The greatest thing about Riverview is Lori! She quickly takes care of any problems or concerns and goes beyond the distance for the safety and comfort of guests.

If, like the woman in her 60s who posted previously, you are "used to better" then pony up the big time bucks and rent one of the exclusives available elsewhere. If, like us, you are average people who travel a bit, you'll recognize that no one can rent an apt without using the basic necessary items and not foolishly putting lots of money into furnishings that get treated poorly by the constantly-changing guests.

Our 2 bedroom apt is large, with a fully-furnished kitchen, adequate-sized bedrooms, 2 baths, and a nicely-sized living room/dining area. Everything works and it was exceptionally clean when we moved in. The AC is a bit noisy but that's because we each have our own unit (thankfully) which is a big plus when you're undergoing chemo. In the past, places have had central heat and air, out of our control, or those under-the-window units that blast in one area and hardly touch others.

The property is well-maintained, meets all our needs, is so dang convenient (DRIVE to Mayo?--it's a short 5 block walk!) Across the street is the Civic Center, which has entertainment and wine every Fri. night, concerts on the lawn on Sundays. On the other side of the river next to the apt. buildng is Mayo field with Honkers baseball! And the walkways on either side allow meandering or vigorous walks within an exceptionally convenient distance.

This is absolutely a PERFECT place to stay. We have our little dog with us and it's rare to find a place that understands the benefits of a pet when you're feeling ill. Places to walk him are also convenient, although the reactions of our Muslim neighbors make it hard for this friendly litle animal to understand that he terrifies them and can't play with their chldren. But, everyone respects everyone and it's a learning experience.

We've stayed previously at hotels, other apts in the area, etc. but for a long term stay, you cannot beat this place!

We, too, lost internet 1 night due to a thunderstorm. Lori was upset that we hadn't called her and told her! We thought anyone who works so hard and is so pleasant deserves to have her evening uninterrupted but she is VERY thoughtful, effective and efficient.

AND the apts have recycling for garbage, a convenient garbage chute and on-site parking--although that may be the only downside since everyone just parks sort of anywhere and it's sometimes hard to find a spot where someone won't ding the heck out of your doors.

3. Re: Riverview apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, March 11, 2014