We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing & Masonic interest

Which Red Wing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prairie Village...
Fishing & Masonic interest

What kinds of fishing is available in Red Wing? I was wanting to Visit Red Wing in June for 2-3 Days.... Also I am a Mason is there a lodge in Red Wing?

4 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
1. Re: Fishing & Masonic interest

On the masonic front, I had to google and it turned up a lodge in Red Wing.

redwingmasons@yahoo.com

As for fishing, river fishing on the Mississippi is going to dominate the scene in Red Wing given that it is right on the river.

Hahn's Guide Service does charters for walleye and sauger. I have not used them but they were recommended to me once upon a time.

Fishing the river is a different kind of fishing but you can find about any species available in MN -- walleye, sauger, northern pike, crappie, channel cat, smallmouth bass, muskie ...

Although the charters likely will focus on walleye, sauger and crappie

Prairie Village...
2. Re: Fishing & Masonic interest

Thank you that information will be of great help to me in planning my vacation. Again thank you..Bill Carrell

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
3. Re: Fishing & Masonic interest

Also, if you are in Red Wing you might investigate charters out of Lake City, which is not terribly far, to Lake Pepin. (pronounced PEPP-in, so you don't embarrass yourself like a lot of people do)

It's not really a lake. It is just a swell in the Mississippi River formed from backed-up water from a downstream river's sand deposits. Used to be famous for fishing. A little less so now but still holds more than 80 species of fish. Again charters will focus on walleye and sauger.

Interesting area with a lot of history, including Dakota Indian history.

Prairie Village...
4. Re: Fishing & Masonic interest

Gentlemen; I will be visiting the area of Ely Minnesota from about June 11 thru June16. I am interested in finding information on Masonic orginizations and Fishing opprontunities in the surrounding area. I know that the area is a canoeing outfitters area but what else is available?? Bill L. Carrell

Reply to: Fishing & Masonic interest
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted