We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upscale Restaurant in or within an hour of Red Wing, MN

Which Red Wing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Upscale Restaurant in or within an hour of Red Wing, MN

There will be 10 of us traveling to Red Wing, MN for my mother's 60th birthday this summer. We are looking for a great restaurant that is either in Red Wing or less than an hour's drive. Any recommendations?

Saint Paul...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Upscale Restaurant in or within an hour of Red Wing, MN

The first two I thought of were one of the restaurants in The St. James Hotel or the Harbor Veiw in Pepin, WI. But as I think of it I am pretty sure the Harbor View doesn't take reservations.

www.st-james-hotel.com/stjames/index.html

http://www.harborviewpepin.com/

Minnesota
reviews: 3
2. Re: Upscale Restaurant in or within an hour of Red Wing, MN

Harbor View does not take reservations. Seriously consider the Lake Elmo Inn in Lake Elmo south of Stillwater. Sounds like it would be perfect for your purposes and it is about 45 miles north of Red Wing. If you cross over to Wisconsin at Red Wing and back into Minnesota at Prescott you avoid Hastings traffic and it's a nice drive through scenic farm and river country.

www.lakeelmoinn.com

Minneapolis
reviews: 7
3. Re: Upscale Restaurant in or within an hour of Red Wing, MN

There's a superb restaurant right in Red Wing, on Main Street: The Nortons, www.thenortonsrestaurant.com/

It's one of our favorites. We live in the Twin Cities, but we'll go down for special occasions.

The Harbor View doesn't take reservations and is pretty small anyway. The St. James . . . no. The other good place would be Nosh in Lake City, just 15 minutes down the road from Red Wing. There are a lot of good places to eat around Lake Pepin, midwestweekends.com/plan_a_trip/touring/scen…

4. Re: Upscale Restaurant in or within an hour of Red Wing, MN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 14, 2010