We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Northfield

Which Northfield hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest
reviews: 61
Hotels in Northfield

I noticed its been awhile since the last hotel thread here, is the Country Inn really that bad? What would be a better alternative?

Thank You

5 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
1. Re: Hotels in Northfield

You might want to look at other ratings forums to supplement the info at TA. I use yelp and I know Expedia ratings are supposed to be monitored better, too.

Northfield, MN
reviews: 11
2. Re: Hotels in Northfield

We've had relatives stay at the Country Inn. The main issue with is that it is right next to the railroad tracks. We get several trains through town daily (and nightly), and the horn blasts could potentially be an issue, especially for light sleepers. I believe they make earplugs available for guests who want them. Otherwise, it is in a wonderful location, on the main north-south highway through town, easy walking distance to downtown. It is quite similar to the AmericInn and America's Best Value Inn, which are your other options in this category.

Midwest
3. Re: Hotels in Northfield

As much as I want to stay in Northfield, we booked with the Grandstay in Faribault for our late morning visit to St Olaf. It appears to be a good alternative away from the tracks, as I would hate a long drive home on little sleep

I dont know if its a MN ordinance, but the loudest train whistles I have ever heard were in St Cloud

btw- How about dining? any unique treasures in the Faribault/Northfield area?

Northfield, MN
reviews: 11
4. Re: Hotels in Northfield

Your hotel is very close to our favorite Faribault restaurant, First of Thai, which serves excellent Thai food. The Depot in Faribault is also very good, with a wide selection of offerings. If you are in the mood for wine and cheese, The Cheese Cave is well worth visiting, as it features locally made (and delicious) cheeses.

In Northfield, The Ole Store Cafe, right next to St. Olaf's campus, has delicious lunches and dinners. If you happen to go on Sunday morning, try their "Ole Roll," for which they are justifiably famous. We have a fantastic Indian restaurant, Chapati, that I would highly recommend, also.

As a college town, we are blessed with pizza joints and sandwich shops. Goodbye Blue Monday and The James Gang are two of my favorite coffee places. George's Vineyard and Basil's are good choices for pizza/pasta.

We have a relatively new bakery/cupcake place called Cakewalk that I would highly recommend if you're looking for a sweet snack.

Good luck with your visit to campus!

Midwest
5. Re: Hotels in Northfield

Thank you Northfield Traveler, we look forward to our time in your area!

Reply to: Hotels in Northfield
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Northfield