We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night club - Saturday

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
reviews: 26
night club - Saturday

Looking for good night club for this Saturday. Four reasonably cool 40 year olds looking for good dance club and/or live music. Even a lounge that really picks up into the night would work. I'm letting you know the ages so that we find something fairly broad based. We don't want a venue where everyone is 21 - 23 and I'd feel over the hill even if I was 26.

Had a look through Pollstar and nothing live grabbed us. Dinner at 112 Eatery so would prefer something fairly close by. Suggestions?

And please don't suggest the Shout House. Please. Please. I beg you.

7 replies to this topic
Saint Paul
reviews: 57
1. Re: night club - Saturday

So, you guys are evidently not old enough to enjoy Nyes?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
2. Re: night club - Saturday

I laughed at the Shout House comment. Not my cup of tea either.

Walking distance from 112 is The Lounge. Newly renovated and now with a stricter dress code (no tennis shoes, atletic apparel, jerseys, etc -- but jeans are allowed). A little bit older crowd than the usual 20-something clubs downtown.

Winnipeg
3. Re: night club - Saturday

Nyes - yeah, I was there once and it might be a place to try again.

Winnipeg
4. Re: night club - Saturday

The lounge. Is this "Rouge at The Lounge" on 2nd Ave N?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
5. Re: night club - Saturday

Yes. They apparently tacked on "Rouge at" after the reno. It's been there for a long time and no matter what people still refer to it as The Lounge. It's a place that doesn't get going til a little later in the night. Not sure your time frame for dinner.

But this area of downtown (warehouse district/first avenue) is chock full of bars and clubs for a younger crowd, and The Lounge IMO is your best bet to not run into all 20-somethings. Of course there will be some there. But I usually found it was a pretty mixed age group, but then again I haven't been there since the re-opening earlier this year

Winnipeg
6. Re: night club - Saturday

Thank you. This is very helpful.

Funny how some places still retain their classic names decades later and after a few new branding attempts.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 15
7. Re: night club - Saturday

Both sides of Nye's are fun.

Belt out a tune at the Piano Bar then dance to some Polka on the other.

Nothing has changed there since they opened in 1958.

Reply to: night club - Saturday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Minneapolis