We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help With A Walk-able Hotel

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shaftsbury, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Manchester
reviews: 56
Need Help With A Walk-able Hotel

I'm need of a hotel that is near enough to the Amtrak station that I walk there dragging my bags. I can get a ride in the night before for an early morning training. Can anyone help?

7 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
1. Re: Need Help With A Walk-able Hotel

I don't know a thing about it but the Midwest Hotel looks to be closest. Days Inn a little farther but seems walkable. Sure you won't spring for a taxi?

minneapolis
reviews: 131
2. Re: Need Help With A Walk-able Hotel

While it's not an unsafe area, it's not a bustling pedestrian area either. I would cab it if at night, or catch a bus. University Avenue is a major bus route.

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Manchester
3. Re: Need Help With A Walk-able Hotel

So could I add to my above request...if not a walk-able hotel does anyone know of one that would do a park and ride with Amtrak?

Or can someone tell me what the parking is like at the Amtrak station; long term?

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 15
4. Re: Need Help With A Walk-able Hotel

Taxi

5. Re: Need Help With A Walk-able Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:11 pm, April 03, 2014

minneapolis
reviews: 131
6. Re: Need Help With A Walk-able Hotel

I doubt any hotels would do an Amtrak park & ride. Real estate near the U and downtown are likely to premium to allow for that like those near the airport. I found a good string on Yelp that probably answers a lot of your questions. You might also want to call them directly:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/amtrak-saint-paul

Edited: 9:37 am, October 11, 2013
Shaftsbury, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Manchester
7. Re: Need Help With A Walk-able Hotel

thanks bonnie c that tread on Yelp was very helpful.

Reply to: Need Help With A Walk-able Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted