We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels shuttle

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Europe
hotels shuttle

I am flying to Minneapolis from Europe, the first night I stay at comfort Inn Mall of America.

It says on the hotels wedside, they have free shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

But how to I find the free shuttle when I arrive at the airport?

Thanks

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
1. Re: hotels shuttle

You will need to arrange pickup with hotel. Im not sure whether that can be done via email but its worth a shot. Otherwise, write down the phone number to call when you arrive. I would think u could ask an airline employee to use their phone line as you are a paying customer and traveling internationally.

Hotel is very close to the airport so it wont take long

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
2. Re: hotels shuttle

Take a look at the following link/map. See where it says Ground Transportation Atrium - which is accessible via skyway from the baggage claim area. This is where your shuttle will pick you up. They do have phones over there, to contact your hotel and your hotel is listed in the airport shuttle list (link #2). But, you can also call the hotel from your cell and make the request as long as you have your luggage.

mspairport.com/images/maps/how-to-maps/15_ht…

mspairport.com/GroundTransportation/hotel-sh…

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 15
3. Re: hotels shuttle

Call when you land.

There will be a central spot for hotel shuttles to pick you up at.

The Mall is just a few minutes from airport.

Vadnais Heights...
4. Re: hotels shuttle

On your approach to the runway, you can usually see the Mall out of a left side window just before touch-down. This will give you an idea how close you are and put you at ease.

A cell phone will work when you deplane and there are numerous locations for special phones for the common hotels, chains, car rentals etc. as you enter the main terminal. There is a separate area for catching vehicles for hotels, etc. It is hard to miss the signage.

If you arrive at the Terminal 2 , it is even closer to the Mall and a telephone number will also be valuable.

Dick

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
5. Re: hotels shuttle

I think the past 2 posters have given you somewhat bad advice and those posters likely did not read the first line of your post. Since you are arriving from Europe, you will need to clear immigrations and get your bags from baggage claim, and then turn in your customs form. If you call upon landing or deplaning, you will either miss the shuttle or the hotel will ask that you call them again once you have your bags or get to the transit center.

Vadnais Heights...
6. Re: hotels shuttle

I guess I was in error by assuming a passenger knew he/she had to clear customs before doing anything.

I have come through dozen times from Europe and it was quick and seamless, but I never had more than a roll-around carry-on case. That shuttle usually runs almost continuously (unless a guest tips extra for a slight detour) because of the location.

Dick

7. Re: hotels shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 08, 2014