We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct flights from Minneapolis to Europe

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Direct flights from Minneapolis to Europe

I know that Delta has a few direct flights to Europe (London, Paris, Amsterdam) from Minneapolis, but I am wondering if there are any other airlines with direct flights to European countries that I do not know about. I love Europe, but I hate layovers! Thanks!

Minneapolis...
1. Re: Direct flights from Minneapolis to Europe

Iceland air!!

You'll have a layover, but the airport in Iceland is well worth it. And the flight is much cheaper.

Air France now flies direct too.

Air Canada will give you a brief layover in Toronto, but that shouldn't be horrible.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 181
2. Re: Direct flights from Minneapolis to Europe

Jonathan F has the answer. A good resource I've found for reviewing non-stops from an airport, is Wikipedia, of all places.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneapolis%E2%80%93Sain…

Minneapolis...
reviews: 441
3. Re: Direct flights from Minneapolis to Europe

I have saved a lot of money flying Icelanair but you have to spend a few hours in Iceland waiting for your connecting flight. You get there a few hours later than the Delta flights but the savings are there. If you have the money Delta is very convenient.

Minnesota
reviews: 479
4. Re: Direct flights from Minneapolis to Europe

Yeah, direct flights are nice but the savings on Icelandair in late spring, summer, and early fall are tremendous. We saved about $500 each and there were three of us (left late May and returned mid June). $1500 was a pile of cash! Yes, the flight got us to Paris maybe five hours later with about 90 minutes in Iceland.

If you fly on Icelaidair in late fall, winter, or the earliest of spring the savings will be minimal. In summer savings might decrease as you get closer to the date of your flight.

Delta pretty much rules MSP now. If you want to check out the possibilities just do a quick look at something like Orbitz or Travelocity or Expedia or a similar website and give your dates plus MSP to where you are going and see what pops up. Often the other airlines are paired with Delta so it might say Air France or another foreign airline but you still might be on a Delta plane.

Minnesota
reviews: 479
5. Re: Direct flights from Minneapolis to Europe

PS

I know it requires a short layover but if you check out flights from Chicago to places in Europe you can find some better deals than from MSP. It's a simple matter of more competition. And you can get to Chicago for a very low price if you watch prices and it only takes an hour to get there.

6. Re: Direct flights from Minneapolis to Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 23, 2014