We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelor Party

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Bachelor Party

My husband is planning a bachelor party for his best friend and is basically trying to find the Twin Cities version of MacLaren's Pub from How I Met Your Mother where the 8 of them can have dinner and a poker night. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 161
1. Re: Bachelor Party

I'm not a regular viewer of the show, so maybe you can share a few more details for those like me. There are many pubs and pub-like bars in the Twin Cities with decent food, where a small group can chill and hangout. Is the party focused on a particular area of the Cities or maybe downtown? Again, not a watcher of the show, does the bar need a private room to play poker or will the party be renting a hotel room for the evening? Off hand, I love the atmosphere/vibe at Kieran's Irish Pub downtown, but others like The Local or Brit's Pub have a similar feel. There are scattered offerings in the 'burbs, too. I know Maple Grove has a spot, The Claddagh. Back to downtown, the Marriott City Center has a bi-level suite room that makes a great place for folks to crash - and to play poker. I've attended a couple bach parties there. Maybe an option?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
2. Re: Bachelor Party

In MInneapolis, I would second the Local. They have rooms (well, more like alcoves) you can work with staff there to secure on a given night. Nice feel, a little like MacLaren's in the show but it will definitely be more crowded.

Brit's might work too but not as much space to cordone off for a group looking to play cards. Still seems do-able.

In St. Paul, the Liffey. One of my favorite spots. Beautiful woodwork. And like The Local -- planty of set-aside rooms that you might be able to reserve (tho I never have done it)

Minneapolis...
3. Re: Bachelor Party

He liked the look of those bars. Not set on that specific style, something classier like the University Club that's not members only would be cool too. Basically just any bar/restaurant with a unique feel, good menu, and private-ish area where they can hang out for a while would be great.

Minneapolis...
4. Re: Bachelor Party

Yes I've also always thought The Local is great for a small group outing looking for a happening place but whose enclosed booths also offer a real semi-private feel. Perfect for seating about 8 as I remember.

And yeah Brit's might not be bad either with their different lounging type areas with different furniture and all.

Edited: 9:47 pm, August 17, 2013
Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 44
5. Re: Bachelor Party

Why not, hire a van for several hours, so driving is not involved. The driver can take the "party members" from bar to bar and try several of them!

Reply to: Bachelor Party
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted