We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xcell Energy Center for Wild game. Where to stay ?

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
reviews: 7
Xcell Energy Center for Wild game. Where to stay ?

Going to a Wild/jets game on Oct 10 2013 at the Xcell Energy center. I am seeing hotels are pretty exspensive in the area of the arena. 150 plus a night and go up from there. What is a good cheaper area of the city to stay in that we can get to easily with a car. i don't mind driving after the game a bit. i am paying for 2 rooms for 2 nights so its important for me to get a cheaper GOOD area to stay in for a few nights. Any help is much appreciated with. Thx

MN
reviews: 33
1. Re: Xcell Energy Center for Wild game. Where to stay ?

I don't know what you are thinking for beds if you need two rooms, but Holiday Inn 7th Street starts at $124/night and is right by the Excel. There is also a Double Tree pretty close to the Excel at $127/night.

There is a Best Western Banana Square that has $95/night, never stayed there but lived in the apartments down the street. There were some car break ins at the apartments (truth be told, one was our car because my husband left electronics in the car) but I it isn't a bad area. There is 1 (and only one) bar within walking distance of the hotel which on the right night offers a little something for everyone. It is pretty centrally located for being way out on it's own.

Otherwise, I could recommend heading towards Roseville (I live in the northern burbs so I it is the area I know better). It isn't that long of a drive from the Excel and is close to a large shopping mall and plenty of restaurants. Right around the mall there are lots of hotels, higher prices are the Radisson ($120/night) lower prices are the Motel 6 and Super 8 (less than $60/night). If you wanted to be in a mid-quality hotel and to be right by Rosedale Mall and also the highways the Days Inn Roseville St Paul is showing $76/night.

Edited: 2:56 pm, August 13, 2013
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
2. Re: Xcell Energy Center for Wild game. Where to stay ?

you never asnwered the question in your original post on this topic, about what else you want to do while you're here (which will affect what area people will recommend). I am guessing by you reposting this in the Mpls forum you are considering some activities in that area?

USA
reviews: 58
3. Re: Xcell Energy Center for Wild game. Where to stay ?

Hotels in Eagan are cheaoer and an easy drive up 35E to the excel. Good area with a lot of stores and restaurants and a few parks like Lebanon Hills if you want to get outdoors.

Vadnais Heights...
4. Re: Xcell Energy Center for Wild game. Where to stay ?

Do not stay in Minneapolis because the Wild home arena is the Excel Center that is an excellent hockey facility. Due to timing and traffic between St. Paul and Minneapolis, the travel could be a problem. Stay in St. Paul or surrounding suburbs (north, south or east) with good traffic flow into the city before game times. There are some good bars and restaurants in downtown and especially in walking distance from the arena.

Dick

5. Re: Xcell Energy Center for Wild game. Where to stay ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 22, 2014