We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antique/ "Junk" shopping in Mpls/St. Paul area

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westchester county...
reviews: 2
Antique/ "Junk" shopping in Mpls/St. Paul area

We love shopping the antique "junk" stores... not the real (read expensive) antique stores. Any suggestions?

7 replies to this topic
minneapolis
reviews: 134
1. Re: Antique/ "Junk" shopping in Mpls/St. Paul area

Hmmm... most cities shoppers looking for the bargains leave town to get the good prices. There are some great areas for this kind of shopping, but they're not cheap. My thrifty 'tiquing friends goto the Goodwills and consignment stores in the nicer burbs - Edina, Eden Prairie, Bloomington, Hopkins, etc. There is really cool and funky shopping & thrifting on 50th loosely between Hwy 100 and I-35. However, there are also expensive boutiques & lifestyle shops there too. You'll probably find most of what you're looking for towards Penn Ave. Happy hunting!

Burnsville, MN
reviews: 2
2. Re: Antique/ "Junk" shopping in Mpls/St. Paul area

I've always thought of visiting the old shops along W. 7th St (near the Excel Center) in St. Paul although I've never gotten around to it. Some good restaurants and bars are on the route as well.

Saint Paul
reviews: 61
3. Re: Antique/ "Junk" shopping in Mpls/St. Paul area

in addition to Bonnie & Britphile:

Antique Stores in Stillwater

Unique (and Valu Thrift) stores around the Twin Cities.

Ax-Man Surplus (various locations)

Some local flea markets listed here:

fleaportal.com/flea_markets/index/Minnesota

Goodwill Stores (Many around the area)

Try the Old Tymes paper for Antique Store listings. Lots of Antique stores around the State.

http://www.theoldtimes.com/

Most of the "true" junk stores are out of business. (I do miss "Crazy Louie's Surplus City" in St Paul)

Minneapolis...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Antique/ "Junk" shopping in Mpls/St. Paul area

You might enjoy Architectural Antiques in Mpls. They have amazing things to look at, not your grandma's old tables. Last time I was there they had a confessional from a church! Also lots of old doorknobs, etc.

If you are interested try searching on "Architectural Salvage". I did this a few years ago and it was a fun change up.

Another thing to look into is "Occasional Sales". There are several junk-tique sales that are part junk, part arts and craft made from junk. Again that might take a few searches to find what's on when you are here.

Jordan, Minnesota
reviews: 16
5. Re: Antique/ "Junk" shopping in Mpls/St. Paul area

They do have an "occasional sale" in Buffalo, MN the first weekend of every month. It's about 45 minutes west of Mpls. These are the same kind of stores I like:)

If I knew when you will be here I can probably find you some others.

USA
reviews: 58
6. Re: Antique/ "Junk" shopping in Mpls/St. Paul area

Depending on when you are here, the occasional shops are fun. I like the Flamingo shop on Cedar Ave in south mpls, usually open 5 days a month around the 2nd weekend . The star tribune paper lists upcoming occasional sales I think on Fridays.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 5
7. Re: Antique/ "Junk" shopping in Mpls/St. Paul area

Check out Carver Junk Company in Carver, MN the third weekend of each month, or in Minneapolis the first and third weekends of every month. http://www.carverjunkcompany.com.

Reply to: Antique/ "Junk" shopping in Mpls/St. Paul area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted