We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RE:2013 uptown art fair/worth the trip?/why no hotels?

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 51
RE:2013 uptown art fair/worth the trip?/why no hotels?

Looking into traveling to Minneapolis to the uptown art fair 2013. Is this all hype or is this an art fair worth the 5 hour trip? I also find it very odd that I cannot find hotels nearby? Any insight into this? Any suggestions to a nice suburb to stay in and drive in the day of the art fair, unless, parking is an issue? Thanks in advance!

Minneapolis...
reviews: 624
11. Re: RE:2013 uptown art fair/worth the trip?/why no hotels?

Bus is fine unless you plan on purchasing several pieces. Schlepping on the bus might be a pain. If you're just going to browse then it would be great.

Appleton, Wisconsin
12. Re: RE:2013 uptown art fair/worth the trip?/why no hotels?

Thanks for all your advice and the pep talk. We have decided to take it and run with it and leave the ten foot poll at home. :) We have the opportunity now & yes, we do love the art. We purchased a stunning piece last week by an artist that will be at Loring Park this weekend. We are going to attempt to try and visit all three fairs via the free online metro pass. We will see how that goes.So, we will be on our way! We have decided not to stay downtown. Coming from Wisconsin we have decided to stay in the suburbs and drive in that saturday morning. Park closer to one of the parks and take the bus/metro around to the others. Hope we are on the right track? Anymore helpful suggestions would be great. Thanks to all very much!!

Minneapolis...
reviews: 44
13. Re: RE:2013 uptown art fair/worth the trip?/why no hotels?

It's probably easiest to park in the neighborhood by Powerhorn. So I'd suggest you start there and get there early.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 624
14. Re: RE:2013 uptown art fair/worth the trip?/why no hotels?

Completed all 3 art fairs yesterday and today. Parking was NO problem at any of them. Found street spots easily and very close by. Uptown was ok, a little disappointed in the selections this year , but did manage one purchase. Loring Park exceeded my expectations, lots of great art to view and choose from. Powder Horn I wouldn't bother at all. Set up had you walking thru dirt and grass and truthfully IMO there was very little there worth viewing. I will skip it next year for sure. If you haven't had a chance Sunday is the last day for all 3 art fairs. The weather was magnificent and it was thoroughly enjoyable walking and seeing all the great art.

Appleton, Wisconsin
15. Re: RE:2013 uptown art fair/worth the trip?/why no hotels?

Thanks everyone. We did make the trip to the three art festivals. We parked at Loring and took the free Metro bus to uptown and Powderhorn. Definitely worth the trip.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 15
16. Re: RE:2013 uptown art fair/worth the trip?/why no hotels?

Get any good pieces ?

Appleton, Wisconsin
17. Re: RE:2013 uptown art fair/worth the trip?/why no hotels?

YES! thanks for asking. All three were uptown too!

minneapolis
reviews: 134
18. Re: RE:2013 uptown art fair/worth the trip?/why no hotels?

Glad you enjoyed it, you're a braver soul than many of us!

19. Re: RE:2013 uptown art fair/worth the trip?/why no hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 09, 2014