We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia...
reviews: 1
Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

Hello! My family is visiting this upcoming weekend and 5 of us are planning on doing the Target Field tour on Saturday while 3 others do not have an interest in the tour. However, we would all like to go to lunch somewhere before and are looking for a good place near Target Field that would be suitable for any age (group will range from 8-75). Do you think the tour is worth it and if so, can you recommend a good lunch spot? My mother is 75 and gets around pretty well, but an easy walk would certainly be desirable. Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
1. Re: Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

The closest would be Cowboy Jack's. It's a country-themed bar/restaurant that the kids would like. I don't know about the adults. I'm personally not a fan of themed restaurants, but then again I am a fan of places that make kids happy. And my son likes it there and the food is pretty solid.

The other place I would suggest is The Loon, which is more a bar than a restaurant (a common theme within a 5-block radius of the ballpark). It's one of the oldest bars/restaurants downtown and known for its history with the sports teams in this town -- especially the Twins.

The last option would be CRAVE, which does some nice lunch specials. Otherwise it's really expensive (for dinner and drinks). The rooftop is the best spot because of the view, but it requires a few flights of stairs,

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 15
2. Re: Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

Loon and Cowboy Jacks would be good.

If it's nice out, wander up to the rooftop deck with tire swing - fun !

OK food, good prices.

Kieren's would be nice too.

Minneapolis...
3. Re: Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

Not sure taking an 8 year old to a dive bar is a good option.

However, there are several good lunch spots on Washington Ave not too far away.

Bwitched Deli is tasty, has a varied menu, lots of seating, and can be as quick an in and out experience as you'd like. http://www.bewicheddeli.com/

Black Sheep Pizza is over there as well. Very good, and they do little kid size pizzas too. http://blacksheeppizza.com/

Smack Shack has a big patio, and really good sea food, of all things. http://www.smack-shack.com/

Fulton Brewery is quite kid frendly (board games!) the beer is good, and they have a food truck out front on Saturday. the nonbaseball folks could take a tour too. http://fultonbeer.com/the-brewery

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
4. Re: Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

Which do you consider a dive bar? None listed are dives and all serve lunch, at which time the clientele is family friendly (complete with kids menus)

Now, I wouldn't take my kid to any of those places for dinner on a Saturday night when they've switched from lunch mode to bar mode, but the OP was looking for places close to Target Field. And the classic lunch spots just aren't close.

Edited: 2:18 pm, July 25, 2013
Minneapolis...
5. Re: Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

The Loon is a dive.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 15
6. Re: Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

I wouldn't call the Loon a dive - during the day.

I've been to and enjoyed many dives.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
7. Re: Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

The Hexagon is a dive. The Sunrise Inn is a dive. The Schooner is a dive. The Loon is not a dive. It's just a bar/restaurant.

Burnsville, MN
reviews: 2
8. Re: Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

I feel a tour of Target Field is definitely worthwhile. It's one of the most beautiful ballparks in the nation!

USA
reviews: 50
9. Re: Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

Solera at 9th and Hennepin would be fun. Order lots of small plates and see what you like. Brits pub on nicollet is family friendly and has a outdoor space overlooking lawn bowling upstairs.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 617
10. Re: Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question

Solera is only open for dinner.

Reply to: Family Friendly Lunch near Target Field and tour question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted