We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Minneapolis

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orland Park...
reviews: 1
What to do in Minneapolis

Planning 3 days in Minneapolis with my wife and girls 12 and 17. What's on the do not miss list?

6 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
1. Re: What to do in Minneapolis

There are a couple threads just on the first page of this forum that will give a lot of ideas. IN the meantime, can you let us know when you'll be here, where you'll be staying, whether you will have a car, and what kinds of things your family likes to do?

West Des Moines...
reviews: 24
2. Re: What to do in Minneapolis

Many outdoor activities with the lakes, lots of history and museums, Art and Culture with theaters, Mall of America, shopping along Nicollet Mall (pedestrian only street downtown), hip and funky Uptown area, Twins Baseball at Target Field downtown just to name a few until we know what you are interested in.....

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
3. Re: What to do in Minneapolis

Here's the Things to Do link for Minneapolis:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g43323-Activitie…

Minneapolis...
reviews: 19
4. Re: What to do in Minneapolis

You can also check out website www.exploreminnesota.com. They have a lot of stuff and gives list of local things to do.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 12
5. Re: What to do in Minneapolis

I am sure your kids will enjoy the Mall of America- to me, it is just another Mall. Lake Calhoun is a youthful urban lake with nice walking paths and a great beach. Your kids will like it if the weather is good. You can rent canoes there and boat around- even into the quieter Lake of the Isles. The Stone Arch Bridge is classic and the shops at Riverplace are cute (but food is so/so). you can walk over the pedestrian stone arch bridge and really see the city and Mississippi. Minnehaha falls is full and pretty. you can do hiking down by the falls (stairs but otherwise pretty tame hiking) or rent a 4 person "car bike" for an hour and bike around. Sea Salt is a great outdoor casual restaurant that is affordable but can get busy.

Reykjavik, Iceland
reviews: 12
6. Re: What to do in Minneapolis

You should definitely visit Mall of America, even if your not going to shop a lot it is still worth a visit, for example only for dinner or checking out the little theme park which is inside it.

I highly recommend Valleyfair, a theme park in Minneapolis: https://www.valleyfair.com/

Me and my brother were at similar age as your son when we went there, and we enjoyed it a lot.

You can also check out some lakes to visit if your up to outside attraction. My family visited Lake Harriet - Very nice place to sit down and relax and look out to the water if the weather is good.

Reply to: What to do in Minneapolis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted