We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30plus clubs downtown and/or Uptown?

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
minneapolis
30plus clubs downtown and/or Uptown?

Girls night out in MSP. Looking for fun nightclub with dance music but not filled with twenty-somethings.... ideas? (Not looking for a pub or sports bar type atmosphere)

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 17
1. Re: 30plus clubs downtown and/or Uptown?

Maybe the Lobby Bar at Foshay W hotel downtown.

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
reviews: 137
2. Re: 30plus clubs downtown and/or Uptown?

You might enjoy Ground Zero/The Front... or the "piano" bars are quite fun - Shout House or Howl at the Moon. They're much more than just piano bars anymore. And if you want to get silly, catch The World's Most Dangerous Polka Band at Nye's, or the piano bar (a traditional one) in the restaurant. You won't be disappointed by the characters that frequent the institution.

minneapolis
3. Re: 30plus clubs downtown and/or Uptown?

Thanks all. Am looking for more of an actual dance club playing Top 40 type music.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 17
4. Re: 30plus clubs downtown and/or Uptown?

Sneaky Pete's

But it will be filled with 20 somethings.

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
reviews: 137
5. Re: 30plus clubs downtown and/or Uptown?

Yeah, good luck with that... if I were in my 30s I'd avoid those clubs, serious amature hours with too much drama

Minneapolis...
reviews: 210
6. Re: 30plus clubs downtown and/or Uptown?

You could try Marquee at the new Union restaurant.

Typically, Mpls clubs are filled with a younger crowd and the trashier people at that. It's def not what it used to be!

I tend to find that the classier 30-somethings hang out in places like Crave or Figlio at West End or Chino Latino in Uptown but these aren't the club scene you are looking for. Best of luck!

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 8
7. Re: 30plus clubs downtown and/or Uptown?

I'm a big fan of Ginger Hop and Honey in NE; pretty much the only place this 30-something goes dancing.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 55
8. Re: 30plus clubs downtown and/or Uptown?

Go to the Gay 90s. You will love it. They have a Top-40 dancefloor upstairs.

Also i would recommend going for the Drag Show! So much fun, and perfect for a girls night.

And no, you don't need to be gay to go to the Gay 90s. :) They will welcome you ladies. It is such a blast!

9. Re: 30plus clubs downtown and/or Uptown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 27, 2014