We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need to get a gift....

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
houston
I need to get a gift....

for my parents, they are wathching my kids, 2 and 4, while the wife and I are at a wedding in Minneapolis, any ideas for a pure Minnesota gift?

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
reviews: 161
1. Re: I need to get a gift....

Local food... wild rice, maple syrup, local honey or cheese. There is a plethora of local food stores and winter markets that are open with these goodies. When is the wedding?

Minnesota
reviews: 377
2. Re: I need to get a gift....

Gift certificate to the Chanhassen Dinner Theater or a gift certificate to a Stillwater B&B.

houston
3. Re: I need to get a gift....

I ment the gift is for my parents watching my kids back in Texas, something i can take back with me, we will be in town in two weeks

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 183
4. Re: I need to get a gift....

You might tick them off, but a nice Vikings jersey would do the trick for me. Especially since the Vikings came into Houston and whooped them.

Seriously, I like the idea of a local food. Minnesota wild rice. Or maybe a desk sculpture of the state bird, the Loon. Here is a store with several locations in the Twin Cities area, that might offer some ideas.

…lovefromcompanies.com/minnesota-made…

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 19
5. Re: I need to get a gift....

A few bottles of MN beer

Fulton

Nord'East

Summit

Surly

and others

minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
reviews: 161
6. Re: I need to get a gift....

The foodie shops have a good supply of local bounty. My favorites include Penzey Spices, Local D'Lish and Golden Fig. There may also be a local winter market happening then - Mill City Museum and Bachmans on S Lyndale have great quality markets once a month.

Edited: 6:24 pm, March 12, 2013
Minneapolis...
reviews: 13
7. Re: I need to get a gift....

Minnesota wild rice would be my first choice, though I have no idea of where to find 'real' wild rice. Maybe a gift pack from Caribou Coffee. Some specialty cheese from the farmers market.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 18
8. Re: I need to get a gift....

Wild rice if fine if they like it. Not everyone does. As a grandparent who does the same as your parents, I suggest a small MN token and spend your money on a gift certificate for them to have a nice dinner at a favorite restaurant near their home. That's what my daughter and son-in-law have done for us. We really appreciated it especailly since the real gift is being able to spend so much time with the grandchildren.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 785
9. Re: I need to get a gift....

http://www.generalstoreofminnetonka.com/ General Store in Minnetonka on Hiway 7 has an excellent selection of Minnesota gift items and even has Minnesota shaped gift boxes to create your own gift basket. I use them frequently.

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 84
10. Re: I need to get a gift....

Not being from the area, but spending alot of time there, I can share with you what we always bring home. Most, have been mentioned.

1) Caribou Coffee. Many shops in and around the area. We also go to Costco and purchase the really large bags.

2) Penzey' s Spices. We go to the shop in Uptown. Awesome!

3) Kramarczuk's Sausage, restaurant and unusual foods. We bring the sausage home. Quality products!

4) Wild Rice and their other WR products. Find these in the better grocery stores. Byerly's and Lunds. When you go into the store, you will see stacks of their quarterly printed magazine called, "Real Food". It is comp. and great reading. Always fun to bring them home to friends.

5) Great crafts in Stillwater.

6) Yes, the MN. beer is good. The Wisconsin micro-breweries are better!

7) Sports. Especially Mn. sports and hockey.

8) Clothes. No sales tax!!