We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage

Which Minneapolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 5
Luggage storage

My family and I will be flying into Minneapolis (terminal 2) in mid-December. My father will be picking us up.

We'd like to visit the Mall of America and then have him pick us up at the airport after we're done at the Mall. However, I'm not sure what to do with our luggage when we're at the Mall. We're traveling with a toddler so taking it to the Mall with us would be extremely difficult. Is there someplace at Terminal 2 that we can store our checked luggage and carry-on?

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
1. Re: Luggage storage

I'm having a hard time understanding your situation. Maybe you can clear up? Are you connecting through MSP and looking to make a trip over to the Mall? Or is Minneapolis your final destination?

If connecting, then your "checked luggage" would be already checked in and you may not need to worry about it. In that case, you are looking for storage for carry-ons. Unfortunately, I believe the only in-transit lockers are in Terminal 1 (Lindbergh), and they're inside security. So, no dice.

www.mspairport.com/passenger-services.aspx

There are storage lockers at the Mall - but not sure the description of sizes:

http://www.mallofamerica.com/guests/services

So, my final option - there are several hotels within walking distance of the Mall that you might be able to leave luggage with the doorman (for an appropriate gratuity) and come back to retrieve them later.

reviews: 5
2. Re: Luggage storage

Sorry for the confusion. Minneapolis is our final destination. My parents will pick us up several hours after we land. We want to be able to go to the Mall during that time. The problem is that our luggage will be there when we arrive. But we can't take a bus to the Mall with a car seat, two suitcases, and a toddler. We were hoping that there would be luggage storage available but it doesn't sound as if there is.

We may just end up using some of our frequent flyer or loyalty points to rent a car for a few hours. That way we can just put our luggage in the car and drive ourself to the mall. We'll return the car when my parents get there.

Thanks so much for your response.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
3. Re: Luggage storage

Understood. 2 ideas.

I suppose you could decide to leave your checked bags behind on the belt and not retrieve them. This is probably frowned upon, and they will likely tag it and secure them. But since you are coming back several hours later, it still might work.

Or, grab a taxi and have him/her take you to a hotel adjacent to the Mall - the ones that I can think of are Country Inn, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn. And see if they'll store the items for you. Then, have your parents meet you back at the hotel lobby. This plan might work, and it does save you money versus a car rental. Car Rentals at the airport include many fees.

4. Re: Luggage storage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 26, 2013