We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place to Stay

Which Lanesboro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
reviews: 6
Best Place to Stay

I've read about all the places there are to stay, but it's so hard to pick! Should we go the B&B route, hotel/motel option? Basically we're looking for a good 'bang for the buck' place to stay later this month, just for one night. Any feedback from people who have been and have personal experience?

3 replies to this topic
Sioux Falls, South...
reviews: 128
1. Re: Best Place to Stay

Not many motels in Lanesboro. It's mostly B and Bs. We stayed at Hillcrest Hideaway about four years ago and it was terrific. I don't have a single complaint about it and would stay there again. It was in a quiet part of town and we sat in the backyard at dusk and the deer practically came right up to us. I checked TA reviews to see if it's still doing well and it continues to get five star reviews. Hillcrest is not your typical frilly Victorian B and B, so if that's what you're after, look elsewhere. Also, if you want privacy, I'd recommend NOT booking the room on the main floor (I forget the name of the room, but it's the only one on the main level) as it's right next to the owner's suite, so it lacks the privacy offered by some of the other rooms.

Burnsville, MN
reviews: 2
2. Re: Best Place to Stay

Be sure to check on the reservation rules. Often B&Bs require a two day stay on weekends.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Best Place to Stay

yeah, i've seen that pop up a few times!

Thanks for the help!

Reply to: Best Place to Stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lanesboro
More Lanesboro Topics