We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Trip Report for Duluth

Which Duluth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
658 posts
41 reviews
Short Trip Report for Duluth

My boyfriend and I drove up from the cities on Monday evening and were planning a quick day trip to relax in Duluth as I had never been before. It was late October so we knew the colors were past prime but it was still a nice visit. Unfortunately, we had read the website wrong for Glensheen Mansion and got there at 10am but they are only open for tours on the weekends at this time of the year. We were able to walk around the grounds a bit and see the boathouse and the lake. We also drove north a bit more taking in the area before turning around. Interesting that the mansion does have some informational signs outside so we were able to learn a bit about the history regardless. Then on to downtown and Canal Park. It was a gray day out but we walked down to the lighthouse for some photos of the bridge. We did go inside the office to checkout the times for the boats to pass the bridge but it was too early in the day and we did not want to wait around. I really enjoyed Duluth and thought it was a beautiful city with the hills and such. Then we decided to find Enger Park/Tower as well. We drove a bit of Skyline Drive and eventually found the park. There were 2 observation areas and we did walk up the tower for the better views and got some good photos of the tree colors against the gray sky and lake. Well worth the effort!

Was a chilly 40 degree day but everyone was friendly and we will definitely come back when the weather is nicer to experience more!

Proctor, Minnesota
Level Contributor
191 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Short Trip Report for Duluth

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself! Duluth is a beautiful city and there is so much to do and see!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
527 reviews
2. Re: Short Trip Report for Duluth

Sounds like a fun short trip. Thanks for sharing.

3. Re: Short Trip Report for Duluth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 01, 2014