We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kitschy yet clean motel around Duluth area

Which Duluth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
reviews: 53
Kitschy yet clean motel around Duluth area

Considering a weekend road trip from Minneapolis to Thunder Bay in early December. We'd like to stay one night in a motel around the Duluth area. I've looked at some of the lodges, but most of them require a 2-night stay, which is why I am now looking at motels.

Any recommendations for kitschy yet clean motels around Duluth or Two Harbors?

Technically our budget would be $200-250 a night but since I'm looking for motels I suspect it will be cheaper than that.

Also preferably a motel near a dining establishment/bar of some sort. Doesn't need to be fancy; we are cool with dive bars.

Thanks!

Saint Paul...
1. Re: Kitschy yet clean motel around Duluth area

Fitger's Inn in Duluth might fit your request.

If you're willing to drive the 5 or so hours from Mpls to Grand Portage on a Friday evening, Sweetgrass Cove Guesthouse & Bodywork Studio might be interesting. It's only an hour from there to Thunder Bay. They probably require a two night minimum.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 19
2. Re: Kitschy yet clean motel around Duluth area

I'd stay in Two Harbours.

Check out Judy's Cafe too

One of my favourites when I'm there.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 53
3. Re: Kitschy yet clean motel around Duluth area

What are the names of some motels in Two Harbors?

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 19
4. Re: Kitschy yet clean motel around Duluth area

Here's a fun one -- old time MOTEL you might like, on the main drag.

http://www.vikingmoteltwoharborsmn.com/

Otherwise, there is AmericInn & Country Inn/Suite.

Enjoy !!

MN
5. Re: Kitschy yet clean motel around Duluth area

We very much enjoy staying at The Inn located in Canal park. They do not require a two night stay. This property will fill up fast in early Dec. because of the outdoor Christmas light display located near Canal park. This free light display is called Bentleyville and is well worth checking it out.

Lino Lakes...
reviews: 12
6. Re: Kitschy yet clean motel around Duluth area

Scenic 61 has a "Kitschy" sort of place,. Each room is decorated to a unique theme. A bit over the top is why I say Kitschy but clean and comfortable. Some local watering holes nearby.

Inn On Gitchee Gumee www.innongitchegumee.com/accommodations/

7. Re: Kitschy yet clean motel around Duluth area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 17, 2014