We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tall ship festival

Which Duluth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Crystal, Minnesota
reviews: 1
Tall ship festival

I need information on where to see the ships come in. We have been to the fest a couple times and want to see the ships arrive this year. Should we stay in Duluth, Two Harbors or Superior, WI?

Woodbury, Minnesota
reviews: 7
1. Re: Tall ship festival

Looks like this years event will be huge. I would stay in Duluth and watch them go under the lift bridge.

Minnesota
reviews: 321
2. Re: Tall ship festival

Since the festival starts on the 24th, I assume that means that the ships will arrive on the 24th? Any prior experience with that?

Burnsville, MN
reviews: 2
3. Re: Tall ship festival

It seems rather strange that there were some articles about the 2013 Festival last April with mention of updates to follow within a couple months, but there have been no updates since then.

Crystal, Minnesota
reviews: 1
4. Re: Tall ship festival

This will be our first time coming up for the arrival of the ships, does anyone have a good place to watch the ships arrive? It would be nice if they would have an estimated itinerary.

Burnsville, MN
reviews: 2
5. Re: Tall ship festival

Finally, just today I noticed they updated the Facebook "Visit Duluth" page. Tickets go on sale April 1st. They list eight ships already signed up to attend and more to follow. I'm glad to see they have Flagship Niagara. It's a restoration of the original War of 1812 flagship of Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry who won the Battle of the Great Lakes in 1813. I saw it during a Tallships Festival in Chicago back in 2007.

One can also visit the website, www.visitduluth.com

Duluth, Minnesota
reviews: 13
6. Re: Tall ship festival

Stay in duluth! A few years ago when the tall ships came Canal Park and the lake walk were packed full of people watching the ships arrive. We ate at a restaurant in fitgers and watched them come in.it was a long wait to get a table though. Plan to get to your viewing spot EARLY to get a good view.

Twin Cities, MN
reviews: 11
7. Re: Tall ship festival

Ships are scheduled to come in 2PM Thursday. Unbelievable sight. Not to be missed. Expect alot to people.

Boston
8. Re: Tall ship festival

For all you IPhone owners who want to take ship and event info on the go with you, we have just released the Tall Ships of the 21st Century mobile app. Download it at http://bit.ly/LaTEHU. Its an indispensable app for the tall ship fan who wants to get the most out of any tall ship event both in Duluth and around the globe. The app features:

- Photo, specifications and full vessel history of all participants.

- Full schedule of events at each major festival (including Duluth)

- Interactive maps for parade routes, docking and other event locations.

- Driving directions to each location (real time location tracker)

- Email, Phone and address book integration to help you fully plan your trip.

Check it out today

Tall ships of the 21st Century

http://www.tallships21.com

Edited: 2:37 am, June 24, 2013
reviews: 20
9. Re: Tall ship festival

I accidentally saw the ships come in while driving my kids around last year from Skyline Parkway near the Coppertop Church (First United Methodist). If you can't get close, it is pretty astonishing to see them roll in while you're in an "urban" setting, so consider going up the hill and finding an overlook or going to the Lakewalk farther away from Canal Park (26th Ave E and London Road has a parking lot for Lakewalk access). And yes, stay here! It's crowded in Canal Park, but so worth it. If you're not staying in Canal park and don't mind walking, park downtown (after 5:30 and on weekends meters are free and there are many near the Depot that are long-term and a little cheaper) and walk across the 5th avenue (west) bridge, which will take you right to the ships and is about 4-6 blocks of walking. And ask locals questions! We all are so proud of our beautiful city! Have fun!

10. Re: Tall ship festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 21, 2014