We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duluth bar hop/tour ideas needed

Which Duluth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
51 posts
Duluth bar hop/tour ideas needed

Hello everyone!

I'm looking at doing an unconventional wedding and reception. Instead of doing a dance at a venue, I am bouncing around the idea of renting a limo or two and doing a bar tour/hop. This would be for 25 up to 40 individuals at most. First of all is this a crazy idea? Secondly is there any suggestions as to which establishments would make for good stops. The guys are on average 30 years or older, blue collar/military, like whiskey, Budweiser, Sam Adams, or any good beer, but not a fan of 6 dollar drinks. 75% ride Harleys, enjoy rock music and can also tolerate country. The girls are 25yrs and older and will likely want to dance (just a guess :-) ) I'm interested especially in places that have "charm" or unique in some manner to make it special.

Thanks for any info you can provide

Destination Expert
for Minneapolis, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
166 reviews
1. Re: Duluth bar hop/tour ideas needed

Fitgers Pub and Grandma's Saloon are first coming to mind...

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
408 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Duluth bar hop/tour ideas needed

Interesting idea! I would contact prospective limo companies as they probably have ideas or suggested stops. Canal Park has Grandmas and Old Chicago and a new micro brewery.

3. Re: Duluth bar hop/tour ideas needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 02, 2014