We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Get Away in November or January

Which Duluth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Romantic Get Away in November or January

My husband and I have not been away just the two of us in almost five years. I really want to surprise him with a romantic get away either in November, January or February. We live north of Duluth so are open to going a few hours (3 max) away but not sure what direction we should go. Would really like to find a cabin type or a nice hotel to go to. Need some suggestions. Thanks for any help you might give me :)

1. Re: Romantic Get Away in November or January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, September 10, 2012
Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 15
2. Re: Romantic Get Away in November or January

Koehler Spa in Wisconsin ..?

Egg Harbor WI
reviews: 25
3. Re: Romantic Get Away in November or January

I know you said 3 hrs away, but what if you opened that up a bit and went to Chicago? You could train it from the Cities

minneapolis
reviews: 126
4. Re: Romantic Get Away in November or January

Not sure if you want to get away from the North Shore, but I'd recommend Sweetgrass Cove north of Grand Marais in Grand Portage. This guest house lodges only 1 reservation at a time... it's quite cozy & romantic. Enjoy the outdoor sauna or jacuzzi under the stars... start a blazing bonfire while listening to the waves... Rick is an excellent host/cook AND masseuse. He can also tell you all the best places/things to do while you're there. My favorite place to stay in MN!

minneapolis
reviews: 126
5. Re: Romantic Get Away in November or January

BTW... my other suggestion if you want to travel south is Grandview Lodge in Nisswa. You could stay in the historic part of the lodge, do one of their condo rooms or splurge and get The Cabins on Roy Lake. Love this place and they have an excellent spa there in addition to all the other amenities...

Lino Lakes...
reviews: 12
6. Re: Romantic Get Away in November or January

North of Duluth..hmmm. The North Shore has some very nice romantic places. Cove Point Lodge, Grand Superior are two larger venues offering cabins and regular rooms. For a highly recommended Bed and Breakfast, look at Baptism Inn B&B.

Many people rave about Blue Fin Bay in Tofte for a nice getaway. I have not stayed there...yet

Lots of cabin options on the Gunflint Trail out of Grand Marais.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 22
7. Re: Romantic Get Away in November or January

I like the idea of Blue Fin Bay, but not sure where you live since you say you live north of Duluth.

Minnesota
reviews: 290
8. Re: Romantic Get Away in November or January

I agree with Blue Fin Bay and Baptism River Inn. The owners of the Baptism River have an interesting story. The Log house is new and very nice. The breakfast is good. The Lutsen Resort is also very nice. Grand View Lodge near Brainerd is also a great place.

Saint Paul...
reviews: 44
9. Re: Romantic Get Away in November or January

Lutsen's old lodge on the shore is very romantic and has lots of features that make staying right there nice. The place has an "old" charm not found in newer places. Like some of the old national park lodges. November would be ideal since it would be prior to ski season.

They have a Romance package...

www.lutsenresort.com/packages/romance.htm

10. Re: Romantic Get Away in November or January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 23, 2013