We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

Which Bloomington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middletown, Indiana
reviews: 1
What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

We would like a hotel that is in walking distance to the mall. I know there are free shuttles, but are any hotels real close to the mall?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
1. Re: What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

There are a good half-dozen that are walking distance. As in a three-block walk or less.

The closest hotels and easiest access are the three along Killebrew Drive with nice clearly marked crosswalk to use and the big entrance to the mall at the front on the south side of the building.

1. Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Bloomington Mall of America

2. Homewodd Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-Mall of America

3. Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel at Mall of America

All three are right across the street from the main south entrance. One block walk at most.

The next closest IMO is the Fairfield Inn and Suites Minneapolis-Bloomington to the NE of the mall on American Blvd. (about 3 blocks walk)

Edited: 1:34 pm, February 04, 2013
Middletown, Indiana
reviews: 1
2. Re: What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

Thanks for the info. We have been looking into the Best Western Plus. I'll check out the other 2 now also.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
3. Re: What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

There is also a full service Marriott nearby - which is higher priced during the week, but generally cheaper on the weekends - located across the street from Ikea. I've often walked over and then onward to the MOA, which is separated by a large parking lot (where the new mall addition is going to be built).

Minnesota
reviews: 28
4. Re: What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

The Radisson Blu opens 3/15 and will be connected directly to the Mall. It's an upscale property and full service hotel.

Minneapolis
reviews: 10
5. Re: What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

I would take a look at the Minneapolis Airport Marriott

South Dakota
reviews: 146
6. Re: What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

I was just going to echo what Motytra said. We actually just got back from there. We stayed at the Homewood and it is right across the street, although with the traffic and the light rail line track, walking it would be tricky and if you drove, parking would take you longer than walking. I'd use their shuttle. I saw where the previously mentioned Radisson is, and yes, that would be the closest once it opens. It's on the south side of the mall and would not involve walking across any major lanes of traffic because it's on the same block.

Iowa
reviews: 368
7. Re: What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

The Radisson Blu looks very nice from the outside, and there appeared to be a skywalk connecting it to the mall.It is literally right beside the mall.

Cedar Falls, Iowa
reviews: 44
8. Re: What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

Not sure when you are planning to visit MOA but the Raddison Blu is scheduled to open soon. That hotel is connected to the mall and has its own parking garage. Otherwise there is a lot of nearby hotels. Country Inn by Carlson is right across the street along with Holiday Inn.

Edited: 11:23 pm, March 10, 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
reviews: 48
9. Re: What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

Radisson blu is connected to the Mall of America.

10. Re: What is the closest hotel to the Mall of America?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 13, 2014