We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take out restaurant for a group

Which Bloomington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest
reviews: 8
Take out restaurant for a group

I'm planning a family get-together for about 30 people and will be staying at a Bloomington hotel. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant that would do take out for a group of that size? We are looking at lunch and dinner for 2 days. We will probably end up doing pizza for one meal, Chinese another, and looking for other options too. Open to all cuisines - any ideas appreciated!

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 87
1. Re: Take out restaurant for a group

For a pizza option that has sit-down capabilities, perhaps Davanni's in Bloomington. It's not immediately next to the I-494 strip (where most Bloomington hotels are located). Davanni's also has some pasta options, sandwich, calzone, etc.

For Chinese, though not explicitly Chinese you might consider Khan's Mongolian Barbeque. Somewhat buffet-like but ability to have each person load up the meat and veggies they personally wish. They are located on the I-494 strip.

There are others, though that is what I can think of at the moment that's not in Mall of America itself (which isn't bad, but perhaps not convenient to get a group of 30 in and out easily).

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 181
2. Re: Take out restaurant for a group

Wouldbe: I don't think you read the post correctly. I read it as takeout food for a large group, unless I misunderstood. Not sitdown or buffet style.

For lunch, my absolute favorite deli takeout is nearby in St. Paul - Cecil's Deli: www.cecilsdeli.com/

Others: I agree that pizza & chinese are good options. David Fong's is nearby. I've also gotten takeout from 1st Wok. I'm guessing the Outback Steakhouse could put together a larger order for you. Also, there are also a Buca di Beppo and a Famous Dave's BBQ nearby in St. Paul, too.

Just make sure your hotel allows you to bring that large of a quantity of food in from off-site.

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 87
3. Re: Take out restaurant for a group

You are correct, bk...just read "a group of 30". That said, though I am confident Davanni's could still do a group of 30 for takeout it opens up other locations too. When I frequented the area, I always liked Pizza Gallery on Portland Avenue in Bloomington (http://www.pizzagallery.info/). They are strictly delivery or takeout.

I will say Khan's would not be a good suggestion for takeout, however...for Chinese I could see David Fong's being a possible Bloomington local suggestion.

Is there still a Boston Market in Richfield on Lyndale Avenue? That would be a convenient option too with a good general variety of food.

BK does have good advice in checking with how agreeable your hotel will be to bringing food in. If a limited service restaurant, probably more agreeable (though obviously be nice to the poor staff there and help with cleanup!). If full service or with a restaurant/catering onsite, I would expect the hotel to strongly prefer you use their dining options. Better to inquire and have a good overall experience than find out as you have 30 people sitting hungry in a lobby and having an awkward discussion.

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 83
4. Re: Take out restaurant for a group

What about Buca? www.bucadibeppo.com

A great choice!

Burnsville, MN
reviews: 2
5. Re: Take out restaurant for a group

For a casual lunch, I'm fond of the sandwiches at Jimmy John's. We have them all over the metro area, and of course they have "freaky fast" delivery.

Edited: 9:25 pm, November 07, 2011
Minnesota
reviews: 73
6. Re: Take out restaurant for a group

Qdoba is a good option for Mexican takeout/delivered food. I came across this link for Minneapolis restaurant delivery options -- many which do larger groups (Qdoba I know will deliver for large business meetings, for example). http://www.fooddeliveryminneapolis.com

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 18
7. Re: Take out restaurant for a group

If you are choosing Chinese for one meal, David Fong's is the place.

On Lyndale in east Bloomington. Not sure which hotel cluster (east or west) you will be based.

8. Re: Take out restaurant for a group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, July 09, 2013