We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help with things to do

Which Bloomington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
need help with things to do

I am traveling along with my family to the park inn bloomington. we are going because my sister has a volleyball tournament. i am going to be with a friend at the hotel and i do not plan on attending most of my sister's volley ball games. that is why i would like to kno what there is to do besides the mall of america; i.e, things near the hotel. i also learned that there was a shuttle bus that runs to mall of america. but i heard that there wasnt a very good shuttle service. if you have stayed at the park inn, please let me kno about the shuttle if you have used it. Thanks.

Minnesota
reviews: 3
1. Re: need help with things to do

I don't know anything about the shuttle service at the hotel, but here are a few things around your hotel.

You are actually pretty close to the Southdale Mall and Galleria shopping center. They are about 2 miles north of your hotel. The galleria is a little more upscale, but there are some funky shops in there. There are lots of restaurants, movie theaters and other shopping places in the area there. Here is a link to the Galleria (I couldn't

There is also Hyland Lake Park Reserve near your hotel (just south and west a bit I think) Here is a link to what the park offers: threeriversparkdistrict.org/parks/hylandlake…

Are there specific things you are looking for? Or just what you can walk to from the hotel?

Minnesota
reviews: 3
2. Re: need help with things to do

Oops! Looks like I messed up my post! Here is the link to the Galleria:

www.galleriaedina.com

I couldn't find the website to Southdale, although I think there is one.

Another possibility for you, if you can get to the Mall of America, would be to take the light rail train from the mall to downtown Mpls. It's pretty cheap. You could see if the Twins were playing when you will be here. The light rail train stops right in front of the Metrodome.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 9
3. Re: need help with things to do

Never stayed there, but know the area. If you're young, the Galleria probably won't impress you much. Just take the hotel shuttle to the Mall of America and explore. When you get board, hop the train to downtown Minneapolis and run around there for a while, you'll find plenty of mischief to get into. You can also take a bus into uptown Minneapolis- lake and hennepin(catch on Hennepin Ave anywhere downtown rt. 6, 12 or ask driver) if you have time. That will be a good place for you to people watch, especially around lakes Calhoun and Harriet. Plenty of boarding and specialty shops for the young at heart.

Train from Mall to City is about 30 minutes. Otherwise, besides Southdale www.southdale.com there's not much for teens around your hotel.

Andover, Minnesota
reviews: 10
4. Re: need help with things to do

You could spend 2 entire days at MOA and never get bored. The other 2 posts have great advice, but you may find you do not have time to do anything but MOA.

Barling, AR
reviews: 2
5. Re: need help with things to do

I have stayed at this hote and the shuttle service was always on time. I do believe they run every hour. They will pick you up from either MOA or the airport.