We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fall color St. Joseph to Traverse City

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Corbett, Oregon
fall color St. Joseph to Traverse City

What is the best time in October to drive from St. Joseph to Traverse City.

I'll be flying in from Oregon to visit family for two weeks.

thanks, barb

Traverse City...
reviews: 52
1. Re: fall color St. Joseph to Traverse City

Looks like asap right now. There is some really good color in the trees here right now, and it's supposed to be a sunny week with cool nights - so things should be getting even better by the 1st. Look at the weather forecast when you arrive, check for color updates or post here again, pick out a couple of the best-looking days, and come on up!

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
2. Re: fall color St. Joseph to Traverse City

Just drove I-94 from Detroit to west of Chicago yesterday. There is a hint of color starting to show this far south. Late October will probably be too late.

Northern Michigan
reviews: 108
3. Re: fall color St. Joseph to Traverse City

Roads closer to the lake seem to change later than those inland from my experience. Up here in the Beulah/Benzonia area it is just starting to change. I've noticed the brilliant reds are more dark purple this year. It will be interesting to see how it ends up peaking!

North Muskegon...
reviews: 32
4. Re: fall color St. Joseph to Traverse City

I-196 between Grand Rapids and Holland had a lot of color on Weds. 9/26.

US-31 north from Holland to Muskegon, not so much.

Traverse City...
reviews: 52
5. Re: fall color St. Joseph to Traverse City

Just an update....The colors are jumping out right now. Very nice bike rides through 6th street, GT Commons, and other spots in town. Also a friend drove up yesterday from E Lansing, said the ride was gorgeous...I'd again say what I said at the start of this thread - Watch the weather forecast for sunny days, and get here when you can.

6. Re: fall color St. Joseph to Traverse City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 14, 2013