We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Music

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Live Music

Leaving tomorrow for TC. Coming home on Sunday. Any places with live music , during our stay We like all kinds !

Traverse City...
reviews: 67
1. Re: Live Music

I guess the answer is yes, but the truth is that you're coming on a pretty thin weekend- and unfortunately now that it's post-Labor Day, most of them will be that way, certainly compared to the Chicago options and to what there is in summer. Your best bets for live this Fri/Sat will be Union Street Station (downtown) or Little Bo's (just a couple of blocks farther down Front St). One other spot - if you're downtown on Fri night - is Phil's on Front. You can stop in for a drink, dinner/dessert, or just coffee. Elizabeth Rivers will be singing, and Al Jankowski playing...They are both very good and probably the most talented of the choices available. Also, to help yourself, pick up a free copy of The Northern Express. It's widely available around town, and will have most all of the entertainment options inside.

Traverse City...
2. Re: Live Music

Probably should add - My response was no doubt very influenced by the fact that we've been spoiled listening and dancing to the music of The Bohemians. They are extremely talented, but with the recent management/ownership reshuffle of the Holiday Inn, have lost their venue.

Chicago
3. Re: Live Music

I had read about the Bohemians, and was bummed when I saw last Thursday was their last night. But thanks for the other suggestions, We'll be sure to stop in !

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
reviews: 29
4. Re: Live Music

What kind of music are you into? Any interest in a bit of a drive? Some friends are putting on a great one day festival at their farm outside of Petoskey. Music starts around noon Saturday and goes all night. Beautiful Northern Michigan farm/barn setting, half a dozen bands, great people. Message me if you're interested, I'll send details.

Traverse City...
5. Re: Live Music

Sounds good, but I hope that farm has a barn...Looks like they're gonna need some shelter.

Traverse City...
6. Re: Live Music

And I doubt if the OP will read this, already in TC and hopefully with a Northern Express in hand...but there's a "Bluegrass, Bourbon, Blues & Beer Festival" in Elk Rapids. It's just a few minutes north of TC and they have a huge canvas set up in case of rain. And to make Jomo22 feel right at home, the featured artists Friday night are "Billy Branch and the Sons of Blues", direct from Chicago.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
reviews: 29
7. Re: Live Music

Yeah, weather's not looking too good...luckily, we're used to this being a Halloween party with less than cooperative weather, so the stage is in a cool old barn, we have a large tent with sidewalls and plenty of camping on site! Anyone interested, just message me...

8. Re: Live Music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 13, 2013