We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy hour

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Happy hour

Any good happy hours in Traverse City? We will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Traverse City...
reviews: 260
1. Re: Happy hour

For Friday, I would recommend Red Ginger--I don't think they do HH on weekends. A couple things: the happy hour specials apply in the bar area only not in the main dining room--and it can get pretty crowded--and noisy--in there. Second, the happy hour starts early there (330?) and runs 'til 630 (I think). The HH specials are primarly discounts on beers and custom drinks (the Red Dragon is scary good), and a misc appetizers/sushi selections.

But there's not a clunker on the HH menu. Plus, if you're lucky enough to get one of the stools along the windows, you can do some people watching as well.

One other perk: while HH at the Red Ginger can be crowded, service remains responsive and friendly.

Edited: 5:42 pm, August 27, 2012
Thompsonville...
reviews: 132
2. Re: Happy hour

Bubba's does a Happy Hour that includes their menu -- 1/3 off. Believe it is also only M-F.

http://www.tcbubbas.com/specials.html

Traverse City...
reviews: 19
3. Re: Happy hour

Shelde's Tavern (the bar in the back) has Happy Hour 3-7pm daily as well as different specials throughout the week which include Happy Hour food and drink specials.

ParkShore Resort also has a great happy hour from 4-7 (I believe?)\

Cambria Suites (hotel) also has one 4-7pm but it will be a little pricier than any of these other ones. However, the quality is great! You can get a Grey Goose Dirty Martini for $5.25 <3 You can't beat that.

Minervas (attached to the ParkPlace Hotel downtown TC) has one as well with a lot of good food offerings: park-place-hotel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010…

And last but not least, Bubbas "Bubba Time" is excellent! As mentioned before it's 3-5:30pm M-F, 1/3 off your bill and $1.75 well drinks. It can get REALLY busy though and quite loud...Just ask them to turn down the music if it bothers you. Another warning about Bubbas is that if they are busy and you have a party of 2 they will ask you to share a table...literally you will have to share a table with strangers. It's strange! I absolutely hate that part... but sometimes it's worth it. I love their food and I have never had a problem with the service there even when they are busy. A friend of mine and I went to Bubbas a while back and she is allergic to gluten, (semi) vegan and all that jazz and when she received her food she found the order was wrong (she couldn't eat it due to her allergies) and they were very kind, apologetic, and got her new order up VERY quickly even though they were packed. I was impressed.

4. Re: Happy hour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 07, 2014