We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day Weekend trip to Traverse CIty, Sleeping Bear

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Memorial Day Weekend trip to Traverse CIty, Sleeping Bear

We are planning to travel to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake shore and the Traverse City area.

We would start driving from Indiana on Fri 25th May night and have to return back to Indiana by Mon 28th May Night. What attractions should we visit and how many days should we budget?

We are primarily looking to hike and photograph scenic locales.

My current skeleton plan

25th May: stay the night in Grand Rapids/Cadillac

26th May: reach Traverse City in the morning : Whole day around Traverse City..

What should I see? hike? photograph

27th May: reach Sleeping Bear Dunes early morning:

Pyramid Point Trail, Dune climb, beach time. What else should we see

28th may: Empire Bluff Trail, Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive, drive back to Indiana

I would appreciate suggestions for good sunrise/sunset spots. Thanks a lot in advance

11. Re: Memorial Day Weekend trip to Traverse CIty, Sleeping Bear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, May 21, 2012
12. Re: Memorial Day Weekend trip to Traverse CIty, Sleeping Bear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:40 pm, June 21, 2013