We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay and walk?

Which Traverse City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tunnel Hill, Georgia
reviews: 12
Stay and walk?

We like to stay in a hotel/condo/rental and park our car and be able to walk to restaurants/bars etc. Can that be done in Traverse City?

Seems as the majority of the hotels/resorts are on the East Bay while the restaurants are on West Bay (just by viewing the maps).

We'll be coming to the area mid-Sept for two days in the middle of the week. Any suggestions? I'm not really worried about price range and would like to be on the bay if possible.

Michigan
reviews: 51
1. Re: Stay and walk?

Yes, you can stay right on the bay in TC and walk to restaurants, bars, etc. The Holiday Inn is right on west bay about 2 blocks from downtown. The Bayshore Inn is also on west bay (and more pricey than the Holiday Inn) and is about three blocks or so from the heart of town. There are a number of quality restaurants downtown--you won't be able to visit them all in two days. If you don't want to be right on the water, you can stay at the Park Place Hotel which is right downtown (it has a pool). There are also bars downtown you will be able to walk to from any of the places mentioned. Google the hotels and you can see pics, rates, etc. There is a bike/walking path that goes by the Holiday Inn and the Bayshore that is connected to an nice trail system, so if you have bikes, bring them. A number of out of town friends have stayed at the Bayshore and liked it.

Tunnel Hill, Georgia
reviews: 12
2. Re: Stay and walk?

Thank you, I'll look into the hotels you mentioned. I believe the holiday inn had not so good reviews but I don't remember looking at the others. Appreciate your time in answering!

Gaylord, Michigan
reviews: 146
3. Re: Stay and walk?

I would also recommend The Park Place and if you like bed and breakfasts, The Wellington Inn is a beautiful place just a short walk to downtown. http://wellingtoninn.com/

Edited: 8:03 pm, August 31, 2010
4. Re: Stay and walk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 28, 2011