We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harborfest in South Haven...how awfully crowded is it gonna...

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 154
Harborfest in South Haven...how awfully crowded is it gonna...

I love South Haven but avoid its summer fests like the plague(one 4th of July with no where to park even though i was staying downtown scared me off)

now i've booked a night up there and find its their Harborfest!! *yikes*

any advice on where to park as i'm staying out by the highway this go round as i only have 1 night.

Help!! with any tips on surviving this festival!!

Chicago, IL
reviews: 17
1. Re: Harborfest in South Haven...how awfully crowded is it gonna...

Hey, Flizzer, don't be so panicky! You are already a great fan of South Haven, as am I, so you know you'll be having ablast. HarborFest is my favorite of all the South Haven events (Blueberry festival is the worst).

HarborFest is VERY local, pre-season, not crowded. The music and fun is all free. Parking can always be a problem at these affairs in a small town...I suggest you walk or bike in, no worries. There might even be cab service or festival transport, who knows? Keep us posted on what you think of the festival after you've come and gone.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
2. Re: Harborfest in South Haven...how awfully crowded is it gonna...

ok, that makes me feel better!!

will definitly post my thoughts on the fest...hopefully it will chase away the memories of that oh so packed 4th of july a few years back...never did the blueberry fest either....i avoid all those festivals except the icebreaker!

Cincinnati
reviews: 1
3. Re: Harborfest in South Haven...how awfully crowded is it gonna...

Hi, I see you are talking South Haven.

We are going the week of July 8th--which is some kind of car show week. Is this a crowded one? We are staying off the beaten

path, further north off Oak Street. Think we will have the crowds like you were talking? ANyone know about the carfest?

Thanks Kathy

Destination Expert
for South Haven
4. Re: Harborfest in South Haven...how awfully crowded is it gonna...

i haven't been to the car fest but i've been there in july many times....its crowded on the weekend but mellows out majorly during the week....and since you're staying within walking distance of everything you should have no problem!!!

I usually avoid the summer fests & holidays as i had a nightmarish 4th of july experience where i couldn't find a place to park for my downtown hotel....and when i walked to the beach for the fireworks it was wall to wall people in the dark.....CRAZY crowded....

i prefer the mellow south haven *HA*

but its oh so lovely in the summer....have a ball!!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
reviews: 12
5. Re: Harborfest in South Haven...how awfully crowded is it gonna...

OK Harborfest is going strong. I'm four miles north not participating. OH my god kathywithkids that week? I have some friends coming in from the Caribbean that week. Let me know some how and I'll buy you a coffee at Julia's.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
6. Re: Harborfest in South Haven...how awfully crowded is it gonna...

Back from Harborfest and so glad i listened to you WCG!!! Absolutely excellent time....and i guess since i'm not a novice to SH that helped!!! Got up there early Saturday AM and got a prime spot at Packard Park...beautiful beaching day!! Walked to Capt Lous in the afternoon for a beer in the sun & some boat watching, grabbed lunch at North Shore deli and finished off the afternoon at the beach. After ck in parked at the lot by Julias (got one of the last spots but got one!!) recharged with iced lattes and did some shopping, dinner at clems, and enjoyed the music of harborfest (bad sound system but some interesting acts) along with a cloudy sunset!! Perfect day!! Sunday walked the pier (lighthouse tours were closed due to the weather dang it) and shopped the craft fair, marveled at the unhealthy eating choices *HA*, and enjoyed some sunday morning christian rock. Wrapped up with a late breakfast at Phoenix Cafe (new location is fab but still waited 35 min!!) What a great time and you were so right about the crowds!!

i'll do that one again!!

7. Re: Harborfest in South Haven...how awfully crowded is it gonna...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 16, 2009