We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel - September with 7 Year Old

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis, IN
reviews: 4
Travel - September with 7 Year Old

Trying to organize a long weekend trip in September. Having a difficult time trying to decide where to stay (hotel/inn/etc.). I prefer to be on the water, but at times I cannot tell which hotels and/or inns are directly on the water or have a water view. Am not looking for anything fancy, just clean, great location for some family fun! Any suggestions will be helpful! Thank you!

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
reviews: 12
1. Re: Travel - September with 7 Year Old

You may be able to get into MichMonaMac, cottages on the beach. Other than that you'd probably need to be in a condo complex. There aren't any hotels "on" the beach. If you come up with something and you're not sure, just post here and we can tell you its location.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 154
2. Re: Travel - September with 7 Year Old

In september you may be able to get a w/e deal at a condo....b & bs are out with a 7 yr old...although Victoria resort would work......its about 2 blks from the beach....you may also try Nichols hotel....its right in town (fun for a 7 yr old) and a pretty long walk to the beach....but all the beaches are just a short drive even from the highway hotels (I love the hampton inn) and i believe the charge (5 bucks) ends after labor day. Either way you can't go wrong. The only hotel on the water is Old Harbor and in September it's still pretty pricy for what you get. Read the reviews to decide.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
3. Re: Travel - September with 7 Year Old

In september you may be able to get a w/e deal at a condo....b & bs are out with a 7 yr old...although Victoria resort would work......its about 2 blks from the beach....you may also try Nichols hotel....its right in town (fun for a 7 yr old) and a pretty long walk to the beach....but all the beaches are just a short drive even from the highway hotels (I love the hampton inn) and i believe the charge (5 bucks) ends after labor day. Either way you can't go wrong. The only hotel on the water is Old Harbor and in September it's still pretty pricy for what you get. Read the reviews to decide.

Destination Expert
for South Haven
4. Re: Travel - September with 7 Year Old

5. Re: Travel - September with 7 Year Old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 30, 2011