We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming Trip

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Blanc, MI
Upcoming Trip

My 17 year old son and I will be visiting the area Sun 8/9 through Thur 8/13 staying at the KOA campground in Covert, very close to South Haven. I'm trying to find some ideas for things/places to do/visit in SH & the outlining areas.

A fair amount of time will probably be spent at the beach in SH. Any recommendations as to which one would be best? I have read about all the quaint shops and the maritime museum. Is there anything else? I'm concerned about parking. Also, any recommendations for good food reasonably priced?

I've also considered devoting a day to Saugatuck. I've heard good things about the Star of Saugatuck and the Dune Rides.

What about other nearby areas - is there any tours or good activities? My son is really into history and military - not sure what is in the outlining areas?

Fishers, Indiana
reviews: 6
1. Re: Upcoming Trip

Definitely take a sail on the Friends Good Will sailing ship at the maritime museum. They even let you help hoist the sails. The Dune rides were great, your son will love them. We like both North and South Beach at South Haven.

Grand Rapids mi
Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 34
2. Re: Upcoming Trip

OMG....BLUEBERRY FESTIVAL going on....lots of activities,,,weather looks great (90 on Sunday),,,Saugatuck is a good day trip, dune rides are lots of fun....

3. Re: Upcoming Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 03, 2010